PHP Software

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
ducphanh

Post by ducphanh »

thanks very good

Surreal

Post by Surreal »

Ah yeah, sorry about that. I just php.net as a reference, not tutorials. Just search google for what tutorial you want to learn and there will usually be one. e.g. "php beginners tutorial". Anyway, php.net has a simple introduction tutorial. I dont know whether you will learn anything from it though. http://nz.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.php Just follow the links down the bottom of the page. " Your first PHP-enabled page> " Is the first link you follow to start it. Hope this help you, if not you can always get someone here to try to teach you.
hossamkiwan

Post by hossamkiwan »

u can download acaphe2triaid first

it do many things instead of u
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

hossamkiwan wrote:u can download acaphe2triaid first
it do many things instead of u
what is this and what does it do? maybe can you post some kind of links to this "whatever it is" ;)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yeah, please do post links :) Though I'm checking out the tutorial and manual now, and deleting about 10 or more emails about topic reply on smokyhosts

EDIT: I used the tutorial, and I got this:

Code: Select all

<html>
	<head>
		<title>PHP Test</title>
	</head>
	<body>
	<?php echo '

Hello World</p>'; ?>
	</body>
</html>
But the tutorial also said to make a call to

Code: Select all

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
and I don't know exactly how to 'make a call' to it
Surreal

Post by Surreal »

Glad to see your learning. I hope you know what you have learnt, and have played around with php. Making a call to phpinfo is just that code. Just make a new page and use that code. Upload it to the server and visit the page. e.g.
http://lts1.smokyhosts.net/~uigame/test.php
This is what will appear on your page when you type that code. It displays the php info of the server so you know what version it is, what you can do etc. Now you probably don't need to use this as it wont make much sense to you, but if you go into more advanced and want to know if the server offers it, then this code should work nicely for your information. I'm just using this address until my real website DNS loads.

So by the tutorial, you know what echo does? If so, you are on your way to mastering php. :D
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yeah I know what echo does, but it's not very helpful because I already know HTML and that's all echo seems to do, send HTML to be parsed -_- I can't see anything I can do now that I couldn't before learning echo
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Surreal

Post by Surreal »

Well, php is a bit more advanced then echo. If my site is working, http://www.uigame.info you will see that it is made out of php/mysql and you may take note that it is a game. Most of the content you see is though the use of a template system which gathers up a whole lot of files and converts them into one html page.
What you need to do next, from echo is get a tutorial tha you need to use. Now what do you want to do with php? I can help you find a tutorial that will teach you what you want to know. ;)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Well, I want to make a game in the future, but to begin with I just want to make a more usable website, like when you point at a category along the top, a list pops up on the screan under it with everything that's under that category
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Surreal

Post by Surreal »

I dont think that really is to do with php, that seems more like javascript or css. A menu right, and when you roll your mouse over it, the rest of the menu appears. If not, then please explain a bit better.