What is everyone's favorite type of music?

wil

Post by wil »

Tough question, but I guess if I had to pick just one type of music, I'd say....'Classic' Rock. But I like, and listen to, lots of different kinds of music.

Indie and alt rock, blues and blues-rock. Cajun and Zydeco. Alt country and outlaw country. Reggae. Modern and traditional Celtic folk. Salsa and Tejano. Swing. Folk rock. Classic R&B and Soul. Rap and hip-hop.

Depends on my mood, where I am, what I'm doing, who I'm hanging out with , etc.

bangbanger

Post by bangbanger »

rap hip/hop mostley but ill listen to almost anything
MoralFibre

Post by MoralFibre »

Genre's can discredit or even demolish certain bands. I like no specific 'Genre' or 'type' of music. Terms such as Rap and Rock or Metal are percieved as many different things by different people. No reason to use these words... Just my thoughts :wink:
wil

Post by wil »

Good point, ****. If I got right down to it, trying to describe a lot of the music I like in terms of genre would end up meaning I needed to use a lot of dashes and slashes and various other combinations, and in some cases the music may not fit into any kind of genre at all. And generally speaking, I tend to like particular artists, whose music may not fit easily into any particular genre, or who may create lots of different styles that could possible kinda sorta fit into lots of different genres.

But it can be hard to talk about music without using 'genre words' when you can't just hit play and say 'Have a listen. I like this!'

Cheers,

Wil
_jagged

Post by _jagged »

i like a lot of different types of music. My favorites would probobly be rock and/or j-rock (japanese rock)
mtorregiani

Post by mtorregiani »

My favourite type of music? Rock of course
Remore

Post by Remore »

I'd have to say i am country maniac :shock:
The best word in the english language...

meh
junaidilyas

Post by junaidilyas »

I love general Rock and Hard Rock.
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Hip Hop/Rap... Um.. And Latin.. also other languages that have good songs.
sodclan

Post by sodclan »

tupac is such a stud