help needed in setting up my site.

All the members needing any kind of help for cpanel can discuss here.

Moderator: Lixas

hamaraconnectors

help needed in setting up my site.

Post by hamaraconnectors »

Hi folks,

I am newly member here. I want your help in setting up my site. I want to make forum using Invision Power Board.

My subdomain is dhiren.smokyhosts.com

I want to upload folder to the site, so where should it put it, directly create directory called forum in root and upload all files or I want to create home directory and have to upload my folder there. or something else????

Your reply will be appreciated. This is very important because many new guys will have some problem.

Thank you in advance,

Dhiren

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Where do you want the forums to be put up?

If you want the forums to be a part of your homepage, then you should just upload and extract all the contents of your ipb to your public_html directory and continue with the installation as guided by ipb.

If you want to have a different homepage and then navigate the members lateron to your forums (like at smokyhosts.com homepage :D ) you have to create a folder in your public_html directory, name it anything you want and upload your ipb contents into that and proceed for the installation.
hamaraconnectors

Post by hamaraconnectors »

Thanks for information, I want to have forum as my homepage. Visit http://www.hamaraforums.com you will get idea.

Do I upload all the files and folder in forum folder which I create in root directory???
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

For that you can just upload all your ipb concerned files and directories (retaining their original structure) to your public_html directory and proceed for the installation. You dont have to create any kind of a inner directory for that.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

If u want only forum, use "fantastico" in Cpanel
ELRocco

Post by ELRocco »

fantastico doesnt have ipb
bandit

Post by bandit »

Dude i am sure someone will be kind enough to help you install it if you ask kindly..For someone to do it for you they would need access to your database..

Have you thought about installing SMF forum pretty cool software..

http://www.simplemachines.com
trial

Post by trial »

bad link with me
Copyright ? trial in 2005
pooplematic

Post by pooplematic »

i have never used cpanel so this is going to take some quick education for me.
Darkness

Post by Darkness »

come on dude is that so hard to install IPB here take the link http://tutorials.forum-forum.com/ipb/