Login first and view post

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
panakj

Login first and view post

Post by panakj »

I saw almost all posts have many views but, no replies, and is sad, i think is better to force such system "Login first and then view post" and more ideas to think how people can reply to posts, and it should be must, its the need of time. if you people have any ideas do give replies here, lets see what can help in this thing.

if people do replies to posts, the poster will be happy to post more good posts for the members, so do reply always to posts. thanks

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I don't know if the Login First system would work with this kind of forum. Smokyhost's Community is basically open to help anyone, not just members to the forum itself.

I do understand about the poster being happy to view posts, and we are trying to boost activity on the forums through this current competition we have going.

I feel this competition will aid in boosting activity on the forums, and will hopefully bring about more replies. Most the top members on this forum have been around for years, and over those years things end up happening which causes less activity through each of the users. This competition should give some of those older members a reminder that this forum is still around.

I hope you are able to have patience as we boost activity on the forums, if you have any questions please do not hesitate in sending me a Private Message. I will do everything I can to answer anything you have to ask.

Best Regards!
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
panakj

Post by panakj »

yes, i saw many old members are here and they are very dedicated, i hope this competition will be success and i am happy to be part of it, i understand here is some freedom for members, and is good something is not forced to them, i hope everybody understand this and enjoy the posts. thanks for reply
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

I have to agree with crimson here. There are forum out there that need this type of system because of sencesitive info being shared that ruqires you to be a member/subscriptor. On smoky all info is free with no registration but if you wan the good stuff you need to register!
panakj

Post by panakj »

we just posted together :) at same time, thanks for reply freedom fighter, and i do understand all, and thinking what more can we do to make the best
Freedom Fighter

Well simply I see nothing wrong with smokey(besides activity) other than its advertisment.
Smokey is a greate host free or paid and it will sell its self if the name got out there. Personaly I have put a foot like to this site for smokey and they will soon have a banner roatation on my site.

But yea We need to get a more robust section on webmastering. and we may attack a crowd not looking for hosting but in the end we gotta get the name out there.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I've been pushing the last year or so about raising Activity Levels, and a few of my attempts were finally brought to light due to the severity of the condition. We were bombarded the longest time with Spam Bots, which incidentally cleared out a good bit of active members due to the shear amounts of spam which we could not completely keep under control. It seems as the spam has slowed down a bit, I still suggest a CAPTCHA to aid in keeping the bots out... but a lot of Bots have been programmed to still get through a CAPTCHA.

Now that SHAdmin is back on the forums, I am sure it will be altered to aid in lowering the amount of spam posts, and regenerate the Activity we use to have back in the day.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Freedom Fighter

I seccound the motion. Tho Im sure there has to be some sort of anti bot script or code out there that can weed them out. but im not sure there. I hope we can revive this forum.