Life Saving Helmets

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
MrAlex

Life Saving Helmets

Post by MrAlex »

Haha, I really thought this was fantastic!

===================================
Wireless helmets that give coaches warning before players goes to concussion

For those who haven’t seen American football (rugby), i will briefly describe whats the big deal. Imagine rhinos or SUVs ramming against other SUVs with forces exceeding 10 Gs. I am not going in detail about G and all, 10 G means pretty bad for the human body, in this case the “head” is affected. In the game, players try to knock other team’s ball carrier by directly hitting them with their SUV sized body. Its usual that players get knocked out or concussed in each game. Each year the number of players that pass out is in the order of 1000s or even more.

So with the help of new technologies like wireless connectivity, researchers found out a new technology that can save these players and help coaches keep their good player in good shape.

Its all in their helmets, which is known as Head Impact Telemetry System. These new helmets made with the latest technology packs an accelerometer, a temperature sensor, a wireless transceiver (transmitter+receiver), nonvolatile memory, battery pack. Even with all these additions the helmet doesn’t goes out of shape. All these components just adds up to 175gms (thanks to new technology electronics) to the original helmet weighing 1-2 kg. With these additions instruments the helmet doesn’t feel any different from an ordinary helmet.

Before going in deep with the new technology, lets see why this new technology is needed. Well players get injured in the very physical game. Their collisions may cause headache, nausea, short term memory loss, even a brain injury.

The working of this device is very simple. The six accelerometers placed in helmet detect any sudden movements and the algorithm does certain calculations and decide whether the collision was lethal or not. Normally the lower limit of the force is 10 G. So when the player gets a hit greater than 10 G, the helmet sends data to the sideline about the exact force, area if impact, etc. wire-lessly. The coach and other dudes there can then study on the impact and decide whether to call the player in or not.

The new technology is not yet approved by **** (National Football League). But for the safety of our favorite players lets hope it gets approved soon and it will become the part of regular uniform.

Tail: Andre Waters is a victim of brain injury caused from football. He is just 44 years old, but suffered from depression and later suicided. An autopsy of his body reveals that his brain was almost like a 80+ year old’s brain. The one who did autopsy said, its like the brain took repeated hits, which occurred during his playing career.

Wont be back till Sunday!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I think that sounds like a good idea, too many people get injured playing sports.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Yeah,
Poor Andre Waters,
Oh well :(
Hopefully they'll do it very soon!
Wont be back till Sunday!
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

thats sounds like it going to cost alot of money
sakhan

Post by sakhan »

nice information you are doing a good job keep it up
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

It will be good idea , I think it may save lots of lives, or they can just stop playing american football
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yes, but American Football isnt the only cause of head-injuries in sports, so alot of sports would have to be cut... but it would be worth the lives saved.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti