Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

I didn't hear that before , I think they should work some time on Vista

agx007

Post by agx007 »

From what I know about Windows 7 :

Windows 7 builds on Vista code base.
Its compatibility with Vista is good.
Vista deployment will ease future migration to Windows 7.
Devices 7 Application Compatibility will improve. That will be the focus.
UI changes will be minimal
No major changes in the hardware requirements will be there in Windows 7, over Vista.
Windows 7 will have 32bit and 64 bit versions, and both will be priced at roughly the same level.

Is Microsoft dumping Vista?
No. Microsoft executives, including its CEO, praised Windows Vista. Steve Ballmer defended Vista when he talked at the All Things Digital conference. "Vista is not a failure, and it's not a mistake" Ballmer said in response to a question. Nor is Microsoft throwing in the Vista towel. "Are there things that we will continue to modify and improve going forward? Sure," Ballmer added.

Will Windows 7 sport a new kernel?
No; most likely not.

Will Windows 7 be a major or a minor release?
A minor release according to many.

When will Windows 7 be released?
Early 2010

What will Windows 7 be like?
A lot like Vista, underneath, but with some new features.
gold

Post by gold »

I look forward to Windows 7 is the better Operating Systems
supernova1987a

Post by supernova1987a »

i use windows but hate it. i hate vista and i will hate windows 7. they can never make something i will really like. yuck.
anyway, whats going to be different with 7 ?? i cant make out.
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

Ok, this is how I understand things so far,
Right after releasing Vista (Which didn't sell all that well compared to other versions) Microsoft is planning on releasing a new OS which runs on the exact same kernel as Vista, Will use more ram and is going to cost more money, I'm running vista currently (only cause my xp failed) and I will admit that it is not as buggy as the testing version was but DX10 has removed direct sound hardware accleration and Direct play doesn't work properly, It runs slower then XP and it's compatibility with older programs is dismal (Especialy any old dos games, It won't give them any hardware access at all), All in all if you have plenty of system resources, have no interest in running older programs and want to pay microsoft MORE money then by all means get vista or 7, otherwise ... stick with XP

@Tails, I'm also pretty sure that Macs use their system resources more efficently
There may come a day when the courage of men fails, When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day, An hour of wolves and shattered shields, When the age of men comes crashing down, But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand! Men of the west!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

As per the Microsoft releases say...
Although 7 will be running the same kernel as of Vista, but they do say that it will be a lesser resource hog than Vista! And you can bet, if this time Microsoft doesnt stick to this plan, it will only see much lesser users move onto 7 than how many moved from XP to Vista
damen57

Post by damen57 »

From what I've heard, its running off of Windows Server 2008 kernel, whether that is the same as vista or not, I dont know.

Someone I know has tested out the pre-pre beta version thats available in your local torrent store, and has said that not only does it use system resources more efficiently, its more organized and ran his games FASTER then XP.
Murbza

Post by Murbza »

Windows sucks Linux rulezzzz...!! :p
I try to speak my best english :D
(I live in Belgium)
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Murbza wrote:Windows sucks Linux rulezzzz...!! :p
let's not start this alright

I just wish Microsoft has done enough market research now. Vista is such a failure that people now realise what genius XP is.
damen57

Post by damen57 »

I've been running vista for about 3 weeks now without issue. I think the main downfall is that on low-end system it's virtually impossible to use.