Flash background ?

Moderator: Lixas

silent_slaughters

Flash background ?

Post by silent_slaughters »

does anyone know how to create a flash image as a background of a HTML page?

also do flash images load faster then .gif images? i was thinking of creating my image in Adobe ImageReady and Photoshop, rather then flash, but i dont want it to take ages to load.

if anyone knows, please reply =/

Lixas

Post by Lixas »

i dont that it's really possible. Because you will have to do layer based website where top layer will have to be on top of flash, bet as far as i remember te flash has highest z-index . that's because z-index it is not possible to make html elements in front of flash elemnts. if you want to do animated background, use gif's. Hope this will help you some
leegao

Post by leegao »

I'm not sure about this but I think animated GIFs only display the first frame as a background.

I can see some applications to flash backgrounds (mostly interactivity) so I suggest that you create a layer, absolute position it, and set it's z-index to the lowest, then add the rest of your site onto another layer, of course, this kind of takes out the fluidity of the site...
Gyanu

Post by Gyanu »

I don't think that html page can have the flash bg but php page can have.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

Gyanu wrote:I don't think that html page can have the flash bg but php page can have.
read this phrase and remember for all times!!!
dont say everything what you know, but you must know what are you saying
php can not have flash background, because PHP generates html code that is sent to users browser!!! and for God, remember for all your life

offtopic: GYANU stop spamming and replying to very old topics. i have noticed admin about you and you should begin to respect this forum and it's members and admins!!!
Gebbo

flash

Post by Gebbo »

hmmm.. yeah i think only php can have a flash background..
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Lixas

Post by Lixas »

Gebbo wrote:hmmm.. yeah i think only php can have a flash background..
have you read what i wrote in previous post? Or you want to get me angry on you by spamming in this forum ?
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

I think that there are some programs that change flash to html but I don't know can they make it background or not.