MX Records?

Moderator: Lixas

sanma

MX Records?

Post by sanma »

Hello,

Apparently there's another way to forward email than using the Plesk or CPanel option. As i tried plesk to do it and didn't work (There's another post just below this one asking for help =P) i decided to try with the domain registrar. But they said this:

-------

Dear Nick,

Thank you for contacting Online Support. Your MX records are incorrect to use email in our system. You will need to contact your hosting provider and have them add 4 records to the zone file for your domain name.

These records to modify are:

MX Modifications:

MX 10 smtp.secureserver.net
MX 50 mailstore1.secureserver.net

Cname modifications:

mail.psnick.com mapped to pop.secureserver.net
email.psnick.com mapped to email.secureserver.net

------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to change thoise by myself?
I tried using plesk, but the way to modify or change them or something looks pretty weird, and looks impossible, so if there's any other way let me know, otherwise i'll have to contact support here.

Thanks!

Jason

Post by Jason »

To customise your MX Records/Entries for your e-mailing system you can sign into cPanel and **** on 'MX Entry' and BAM! ...you can custom your MX Records/Entries here.

If you require assistance with using this feature of the cPanel **** on the 'Help' link at the footer of the page.
sanma

Post by sanma »

I'm using Plesk, not CPanel, and i think i figured it out. I'll post here again if something comes up.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Never heard of Plesk so I cannot help there :confused:
sanma

Post by sanma »

Alright, so anybody else knows what can i do here? =P
Since the messages still don't get to my inbox xD