is it difficult

Share your ideas of a new website. Maybe you might inspire someone to kick off another .com boom!!

Moderator: TheCrymsonLegends

jasondsouza

is it difficult

Post by jasondsouza »

to create aother web site such as orkut....

--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It can take alot of time, and you'll want experience with atleast one web programming language (JSP, ASP, ASP.NET, Java, PHP, Perl, AJAX)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
delivi

Post by delivi »

jasondsouza wrote:to create aother web site such as orkut....
why do want to create another one, there are almost several thousands of them. I don't see any reason to work on this, this has no business values.

I've accounts in more than 40 Social Networking sites, but I regularly visit only 3 or 4 of them.

Try working on something new or unique that is not present in the other sites or something that no one else have ever provided.
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

it is not difficult , it is very very difficult .
supernova1987a

Post by supernova1987a »

thats a very easy idea. anyone can think of it. haha. orkut facebook hi5 myspace. abandon everything. they are useless. create a new universal site that will cater every need for everyone. a full functional social networking, sharing, etc. and it will finally replace the whole idea of internet. but i still dont mean google and what it is doing. anyway, why so many similar sites are there confusing us?
Murbza

Post by Murbza »

No :D

First result @google

http://www.ning.com/

:rolleyes:
I try to speak my best english :D
(I live in Belgium)
kainengland

Post by kainengland »

very easy as u can get scripts like myspace
off net

Programming

Post by Gebbo »

Tails5 wrote:It can take alot of time, and you'll want experience with atleast one language (, , ASP.NET, , PHP, Perl, AJAX)
http://www.pixel2life.com should be able to help cover all that..
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

shaarang

Bad Idea!

Post by shaarang »

Such networking sites require higher knowledge of programming in complex website development languages. You may learn these(even online) but still it would be difficult to create a competitive social networking website. It does not even have much business prospect except of course if you place your ads on your site and your user's profiles.;)
Gebbo

programming

Post by Gebbo »

Tails5 wrote:It can take alot of time, and you'll want experience with atleast one web programming language (JSP, ASP, ASP.NET, Java, PHP, Perl, AJAX)
http://www.pixel2life.com as usual can help with that, i quote this as it is very good..
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................