Text is showing up white.

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Delivi some people do not have the luxury of updating things when it is released or much at all seeing as computers you buy are already outdated anyway. Updating is a privledge some people take for granted. I'm using a computer that I would say would of been pimp maybe 2 years ago and XP. I can't afford Vista or a new computer and seeing as his computer will run Windows 95 then updating would only go up to 98 without any major **** of performance. 2000/ME would be iffy and XP would probably suck the life right out of his computer. So try not to be so harsh seeing as everything but XP and Vista is even getting any real support.

Tails the only thing I can tell you is you may not be able to check up on Smokyhosts on that computer, as you may already know. 16-Bit colors is a pain in the butt especially with the way graphics are designed for websites now-a-days. I'd try to rip a graphics card out of a throw away computer or a graphics card you could buy for maybe $5, anything to get back to 32-bit colors. I'm pretty sure 95 runs on 32 but it would require a graphics card you could get Windows 95 Drivers for. It may be your only option, aside from throwing your computer away and buying a whole new one lol.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Thankyou, I'll try looking in a second-hand computer shop (the thing uses PCI, and the only new ones are PCIe and AGP) And Delivi, I have Windows XP on this computer, but I wanted to be able to use the Windows95 computer to do some useful things too. It doesnt have the hardware to run Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs, let alone Vista.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
delivi

Post by delivi »

then can't u use browsers like opera and firefox for browsing?
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Opera runs way too slowly on it, and I hate it anyway :P and Firefox wont run on Windows 95.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I thought I should let everyone know that I worked out the solution to the problem, it runs a little slowly, but I've installed a dual-boot with Windows 2000, with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1, and the text now shows up properly, I'm assuming that the problem is with IE5's version of the Trident rendering engine.

P.S. Could an admin or mod please edit my previous post to include the above information at the end with "EDIT: " before it, and delete this post please? (I didn't want to double post but I thought people should know the solution, and that they dont need to try to find one anymore, thanks to all who made suggestions :))
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi Tails5, there is no need to be offended that you double posted.

The rules are in place only so that people can be kept in control. However, as in your case, it was genuinely a necessity of two posts, so no need to actually merge the posts.

BTW, good to know that your issue got solved.