how to configure php with oracle

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
csoftdev

how to configure php with oracle

Post by csoftdev »

hi, does anyone here know how to configure php so that it can access an oracle database? i have been trying it for many days, but none of it seems to work. i have an oracle database server running on my local system and a web server too for my development purposes. please, can someone help me out with this one.

Lixas

Post by Lixas »

i hope you read this http://www.orafaq.com/faqphp.htm
Please post more details whats is going on, and maibe if you can, post here phpinfo() of your server.
ALSO maybe you firewall blocking something ? try to disable all your firewalls (internals also) and test
Gebbo

oracle

Post by Gebbo »

hmmm i havent used oracle for that long so i cannot give advice try googling for help..
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

According to the PHP website, "You have to compile PHP with the option --with-oracle[=DIR], where DIR defaults to your environment variable ORACLE_HOME." But I think that only works if you have Linux, I'll try to find you a Windows solution, if you dont have Linux.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

for windows i think that there should be dll library, which you have to activate in php.ini configuration file
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I think it's called oci8.dll look for that in your php.ini file and make sure that its not commented.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti