joomla problem... HELP!!!

Moderator: Lixas

jasondsouza

joomla problem... HELP!!!

Post by jasondsouza »

hey I have been using joomla for the past 1 month... not very acquainted with it... but kinda like it.. i have a problem... when new users register to my page they don't get email notification... what could be wrong... i am using Joomla 1.0.13... i have currently suspended the register option... please help...

--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I'm not sure, perhaps you should contact the Joomla support team? They'd be a bit more able to help
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

Tails5 wrote:I'm not sure, perhaps you should contact the Joomla support team? They'd be a bit more able to help
wow lots of help.. anyways... will try that...
--jasondsouza
Come to my web Site
Gebbo

Help

Post by Gebbo »

lol try reading the guide see if you can find anything, try surfing their site and asking for help there it might be more usefull than asking people who havent actually used the software / programme your using..
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

ComplexAddict

Post by ComplexAddict »

In the settings should be an option wich lets you set registration options. I do not exactly know where, but there should be a option to set email notification, register only, registering closed etc..
-There is nothing more needed in life than partying all night long.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I just realized it could also be your email settings, if it wants an SMTP server, make sure it's set to 'mail.{yourwebsite}' like mine has to be mail.cs-lewis.info
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

ok now can you please explain someting more aboout this idea of yours... i think this one should work... I'm relatively new to joomla... well i have seen this sMTP thingy in the global configuration... can you tell me what to put into it...
--jasondsouza
Come to my web Site
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Set "Mailer" to "SMTP Server", and make sure you have an email address ready to put in "Mail From", for SMTP User, put your mailbox name (if it's not the default mailbox that came with your account(you@yourname.thesmokylounge.com) put it something like admin+jasondsouza.co.nr), for SMTP pass, use your email account's password and for SMTP host, use mail.domain (if you're using jasondsouza.co.nr, put "mail.jasondsouza.co.nr")
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

hey thanks guys.... this forum can be locked now... i just identified and terminated my problemmm
--jasondsouza
Come to my web Site