Review Of Murder One

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
emsplanet

Review Of Murder One

Post by emsplanet »

Novel: Murder One
Written by William Bernhardt
Category: Fiction
Publisher: Fawcett : The Ballantine Publishing Group
Format: Paperback, 416 pages
Pub Date: November 2001
Price: $7.50
Buy Online: Amazon.Com

Main Caractor:
Joe McNaughton: Cop Who was Murdered
keri Dalcinton: main Suspect Of Crime
Ben Kinkaid: Defense Lawyer Of Keri
La Belle: Public Prosecutor
Sergeant Matthews: Main Investigator
Kirk Dalcanton: Keri's Brother
Christina McCall: Ben's Assistant N become Partner Later
Andrea McNaughton: Wife Of Joe McNaughton
Paula,Jones,Loving: Ben's Junior

Story: The Crime Is Remarkable Heinous:Veteran Police Deteclive Joe MCNaughton Is Found Savagely Slain,Mutilated And Hung From A Public Fountain In Downtime Dulsa. The Accused Is A Tabloid Reporters Dream:Stunning 19 Years Old Keris Dalcanton, A Stripper Involved In a Kinky Affair With A married MCNaughton Crusading Attorney Ben Kincaid Takes Up Her Defene.But When A Police On His Office Uncovers The Bloodstained Murder weapon.Ben Himself Is Charged With Conspiracy And Murder.What Follows is A Breathlessly Twisting Battle Of Legal Wits And Lethal Surprises In Which No Holds Are Barred No Secred Are Left Unexposed And Ultimately Nothing Is What It Seems.......

From Publishers Weekly
Perhaps fans of Bernhardt's Silent Justice will welcome the return of Tulsa defense attorney Ben Kincaid in a twist-filled sequel, but others will find little to cheer for in this clumsy, implausible courtroom thriller. After the gory, ritualistic murder of police sergeant Joe McNaughton, Kincaid finds himself unpopular with the public and police for his vigorous defense of McNaughton's **** 19-year-old mistress, Keri Dalcanton, who has all but been convicted of the murder. Despite damning evidence, Ben gets her off on a technicality; both attorney and client subsequently feel the "blue squeeze" as angry cops conspire to attain justice by any means possible including raiding Ben's office, physically abusing him, planting evidence and cooking up charges of homicide and conspiracy against him. McNaughton's angry widow is equally eager to get Keri, and soon even Ben's staff may be in danger. Ben, meanwhile, is fighting to contain amorous feelings for Keri that may be clouding his judgment, and he's breaking in a new partner, his former legal assistant, Christina McCall, who may have similar feelings for him. Although Ben and especially Christina who's intelligent, crafty and engaging are easy characters to root for, little sounds natural here: secondary characters, plotting, dialogue ("Please hold me") and even courtroom arguments disappoint. And while readers may not guess all the twists in the plot, neither are they likely to believe them. Abundant clich‚s and crude contrivances give a surprisingly amateurish feel to this disappointing effort from veteran Bernhardt. Agents, Robert Gottlieb and Matt Bialer. Author appearances in Oklahoma and Texas.

Review:
I Think The Story Is Nice. n No One Got Any idea That Whois The Real Killer.Some Times Reader Thougt That Its Make All By KeriN Some Times Later They Thought Thats Its Kirk.. But One Time Ben Quite Proove That Andrea Also Have Motive To Kill her Husband.The Story Is Full of Suspence N Lot Of Thrill N Drama...Specially Courtrooms Scenes...The Main Caracter Was Ben But Some Times Author make Large Focus On Cristina About her Mind N Dissicission.Mostly About when She Handle Case After Ben Was Arrest.N Then She Helps Ben In Left story........

Opinion:

If U Like Fiction/Murder Mystry Then I Suggess That U Must Read This Novel

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Nice review, I might give the book a try, but I'm not overly interested in Murder Mysteries. Also, is that price in american or australian dollars?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
iBye

Post by iBye »

Sounds nice but Im not into book though, I prefer movies, you know any movies with a storyline like this?
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
emsplanet

Post by emsplanet »

Tails5 wrote:Nice review, I might give the book a try, but I'm not overly interested in Murder Mysteries. Also, is that price in american or australian dollars?
thanks for complement... n the price is in USDollar