Suggestion for having theme selection options

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yeah, I see your point, even trusted members can make mistakes. By the way, why is your text always green?

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Off-Topic: Cause I put in the BBCode to make it green. :).

Back On-Topic: Yeah people can make errors even the best coders can sometimes miss copy a segment of code and when they put the code in the code won't work cause of something missing. But hey we tried, and thanks to everyone who brought this suggestion to light and posted their opinions keep up the good work.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Once I messed up my entire site by forgetting one semi-colon in the code. Too easy to make a mistake. and by the way... I said "why" not "how" :p
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

Oh because I like color, and forgetting a simple semi-colon will do it. Thank goodness for the debugging which is found in php to simplify finding the source of a problem. I just wish it wouldn't load the specific script instead of taking everything off.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Sometimes it doesn't give me an error though, just a completely blank page.
TheCrymsonLegends

That is odd if it's php it should always give an error, part of the debugging process. If you forget the " ; " then it would say your code is a complete error only giving small errors for it. I suppose it is possible to draw a blank page although I have never gotten that before
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Usually it gives me "Unexpected T_VARIABLE on line ****" or "Unexpected T_IF on line ****" if I forget a semi-colon. But for me, about 30% of the time its blank (when there's an error, not 30% of the time I'm using it :p)
TheCrymsonLegends

Maybe there is a small problem with the debug and how it may handle some problems. Without the code from the built in debug it would take forever to draw a conclusion to what is wrong. That is probably the only reason I can code what I do in php because if I couldn't debug I would never know what the heck to do simply because I'm not that good at it lol.

Hopefully the problem gets better for you, wouldn't want you doing 10 times the work just finding an error every time something is inputted wrong.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Guys, this is now beging to go off topic.

As said, even if there are any chances, this feature of multiple themes will atleast not be offered the February 2007.

This thread is now being locked.