SmokyHosts New Look

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Ahh! I didn't mean to post an image! I wanted to post a link, but can't edit my post! Can a moderator/admin please edit the previous post to have a link, not an image?

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

You ended up posting an Iframe lol. It has come to my attention that no matter what design he goes with there could always be something wrong. I like this theme although it is going to take some getting use to. Please give it some time to adjust to the new theme, you never know you may like it in the end.

I happen to love it although I am working on 1280x800 on a widescreen laptop so I can only image what it looks like to others with a smaller display. It is kinda a HUGE theme but like I said it will only take some getting use to as the colors and layout is extremely smooth. It's also professional and non-professional so both types of people will like it. Although mostly the post to host users actually use the forums it is still nice when they switch to paid hosting.

I know it's not completely up to me but I urge members to give it some time to adjust to the new layout, if you have graphical issues as it won't fit to your screen then I would suggest saying something but I like it so far. Nice Job SHAdmin, keep up the good work.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Wow, a new theme again O.o it's certainly nice though.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Flipper3 wrote:Ahh! I didn't mean to post an image! I wanted to post a link, but can't edit my post! Can a moderator/admin please edit the previous post to have a link, not an image?
Flipper3, could you let me know what is the screen resolution that you currently have at your end? Because i am currently using a 15.4" widescreen monitor with 1280 x 800 resolution and i do not see any need to have a horizontal scroll at my end.

I know everybody can/will not have this resolution, but if you can give me yours, then i am sure i can contact the template designer and ask him to look into such issues.

By the way, even if you are using a normal screen (not widescreen), i would still recommend you to use atleast 1024 x 768 resolution on your screen. I think most of the computers now a days support atleast this much resolution.
TheCrymsonLegends wrote:You ended up posting an Iframe lol. It has come to my attention that no matter what design he goes with there could always be something wrong. I like this theme although it is going to take some getting use to. Please give it some time to adjust to the new theme, you never know you may like it in the end.

I happen to love it although I am working on 1280x800 on a widescreen laptop so I can only image what it looks like to others with a smaller display. It is kinda a HUGE theme but like I said it will only take some getting use to as the colors and layout is extremely smooth. It's also professional and non-professional so both types of people will like it. Although mostly the post to host users actually use the forums it is still nice when they switch to paid hosting.

I know it's not completely up to me but I urge members to give it some time to adjust to the new layout, if you have graphical issues as it won't fit to your screen then I would suggest saying something but I like it so far. Nice Job SHAdmin, keep up the good work.
TheCrymsonLegends, your comment is always a true critics comment on this forums :)
iBye

Post by iBye »

I like the new forum, it sure looks more professional and cleaner than the old dark one, also better than the previous white one. Good job SHAdmin.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
web_master

Post by web_master »

Yes I like the new layout better is cleaner and nice to look at then the previous layout skin.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I dont know about anyone else, but I have two computers, one is running Windows XP with a 1280x1024 resolution, one is running Windows 98 with a 800x600 resolution (occasionally 640x480) and I hardly notice any need to scroll even on smaller sizes, I just centralize the display on the first page of the forum and it keeps my setting for the whole thing.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
josephnm

Post by josephnm »

SHAdmin wrote:Flipper3, could you let me know what is the screen resolution that you currently have at your end? Because i am currently using a 15.4" widescreen monitor with 1280 x 800 resolution and i do not see any need to have a horizontal scroll at my end.

I know everybody can/will not have this resolution, but if you can give me yours, then i am sure i can contact the template designer and ask him to look into such issues.

By the way, even if you are using a normal screen (not widescreen), i would still recommend you to use atleast 1024 x 768 resolution on your screen. I think most of the computers now a days support atleast this much resolution.

TheCrymsonLegends, your comment is always a true critics comment on this forums :)
Hi admin! i would think that most users are using 1024 x 768 resolution as i am one of them. My laptop can't go over that resolution >.<
webdesigner

Post by webdesigner »

Mr. admin, the layout is good! i like your logo :)
SHAdmin wrote:Hey,
The new look, the new template/design of SmokyHosts has finally arrived. Though it has been verified to..................
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

SHAdmin wrote:Flipper3, could you let me know what is the screen resolution that you currently have at your end? Because i am currently using a 15.4" widescreen monitor with 1280 x 800 resolution and i do not see any need to have a horizontal scroll at my end.

I am using 1024 x 768 resolution, not widescreen, and a 17" LCD monitor. Is it possible to change the theme via UserCP? I am curious if I had to scroll horizontally on the old one. hmmm