Remove the 4 image restriction per post

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Stam

Remove the 4 image restriction per post

Post by Stam »

I think this should be removed or at least removed in the "How To" section if anything that should be a good idea keep it everywhere else or where ever it applies?

delivi

Post by delivi »

yes this is a good suggestion, when you post tutorials you'd need screenshots and othe images to make the laerning easirer.

So the admin must remove the limit of maximum 4 Images in a post atleaset in this section :)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Definitely, I think that's a good idea :D
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
josephnm

Post by josephnm »

If the limit is 4 images per post, you can continue it with the next post, right? I don't see why should it be removed? Because it has to be under control as well.
Stam

Post by Stam »

But why waste all that space and make the post unattractive whats the point of having a restriction in the How to section and tutorials thats pretty pointless, so you want people to have over 10 posts or more?...
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Stam wrote:But why waste all that space and make the post unattractive whats the point of having a restriction in the How to section and tutorials thats pretty pointless, so you want people to have over 10 posts or more?...
No...he is saying to remove the restriction so that there won't be 10 posts or more.

This is a great idea, but like already mentioned shouldn't be applied to every single forum. :)
Stam

Post by Stam »

Exactly what i said just have the restriction removed in certain secitons.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Good idea there, however vbulletin does not allow to set such limitation on a per forum basis. So till vbulletin actually enables such option, you will have to use multiple posts in the 'How To' thread in order to post more than 4 images per post.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

You could raise the limit for the whole board and make a board wide rule of only 4 images per post and if the members are constantly breaking that board wide rule then you can reduce the images back down to 4 images per post.

On a second note everyone else could combine thier images to increase the ammount of pictures per post.

The limit on images is kind of redundant if you can post numerous times anyway which means everyone can multipost which is in itself against board rules. Plus for each reply you post in How-To you get a negative ammount of points. In my opinion the image things should be raised or be confined to only 4 images per post because either way the only difference is multiple postings which gives dual, tripple, or quadruple posts in a row which makes things look horrible and if someone posts in between the original authors posts before he completes his how-to then the how-to has a glitch in it, besides they cannot post anything after that until SHAdmin accepts the how-to and who wants to accept a partially completed how-to? Since they can post numerous posts to get the ammount of images they need what would be the down side of just raising the image restriction? I honestly do not see a downfall as the images can still be posted just in numerous posts, as this is not really restricting your bandwidth it's just making things more difficult in everyone's how-to's. That is just my opinion.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!