Use repair_settings.php to fix most of your SMF Forum problems...

Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and you feel it will help the forum members.

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from Administrator
gamez93

Use repair_settings.php to fix most of your SMF Forum problems...

Post by gamez93 »

What is repair_settings.php?

SimpleMachines.org

A tool to repair some basic settings that may cause your forum to become inoperable. Simply upload to your SMF directory and ensure you delete this file after use.
Why do I need it?

Aside from its main purpose stated above, you will want to use it especially if you've converted from a different forum software (.e.g., phpBB2, IPB, vBulletin, etc.); or let's say that you've updated from an older version of SMF; or from my personal experience, I had to run this tool to fix some issues right after I transferred an existing SMF database from one webhost to another. repair_settings.php also checks specific things such as folder/file paths and configuration settings for databases. This tool may fix some common connection problem issues.

Where can I get it?

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?tools

How do I install it?

Use an FTP client or the File Manager to upload the repair_settings.php file into the root directory of your SMF forum. For example, let's say the main directory of your forum is called "myForum" then you will want to upload the file into " mysite.com/myForum/ ".

How do I run it?

Just go to it like how you would visit any other site by typing in the proper URL. Using the same example above, you will want to go to " mysite.com/myForum/repair_settings.php ".

Credits

All credits go to the SMF development team and the author who created the tool. No need to thank me.

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

You have been credited 10 points for sharing the SMF development teams knowledge with the smokyhosts community members :)