which languages should I use?

Any help regarding any computer based programming language (non serverside) can be requested and recieved here.
qcx

which languages should I use?

Post by qcx »

I plan on programming a calculator, and a calendar(for a project... very simple). But i want to know which language should be most suitable. I know java can, and visual basic (although the latter limits the capabilities more)... but I don't know which one to use, or perhaps whether or not to use another progming lang.
Can someone advise me on the pros and cons of them? Thanks.

monk

Post by monk »

if you are choosing between the two, i would go for java. visual basic is old and boring and doesnt have the online support you will get with java. its not so scary really...

then, also... can these projects be web-based? an online calculator that opens in your browser? if so... consider php.

..... :)

peace.
m
http://monk.thesmokylounge.com ... might be a bit too psychedelic for you.
qcx

response

Post by qcx »

It can't be web-based--I think I'll use Java... as I know it best.
But if there are other suggestions, please feel free to post.
Contractjack

Post by Contractjack »

Well if its not Web based then use Python for The Calculator and for the Calander maybe C++ with interactivity.
http://www.emailcash.com.au/join.asp?refer=L75414

register above to get free cash just buy doing surveys, real money, real people, no jokes.
Virtual

Post by Virtual »

Java for web-based.
Python for offline use.
For java watch out there are plenty of sites with calculators and calendars written in java that are available free, this is just if you don't feel like reinventing the weel or you need inspiration.

(V)
Gebbo

Coding

Post by Gebbo »

Yeah i totally agree
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

barnes

Post by barnes »

I want one of those calculators.

If hes just making the calender to practice his programming, then go for it. I'm learning C++ and I remake tons of projects.