children movies corrupt children

silent_slaughters

children movies corrupt children

Post by silent_slaughters »

i went to watch a cartoon movie called TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles) along with my little cousins and brother. They are only 3, 8 and 9 years old. Throughout the whole movie all the characters did was.. fight. The movie is sapposably a childrens cartoon but it makes children want to fight, because it provokes violence.

Serenity

Post by Serenity »

I cant tell if you're being serious or being humourous....

TMNT promoting violence? You knew before you went to the movie that they were NINJA turtles...one, they know martial arts and two, its NINJA TURTLES, how deeply based in reality is this movie's concept?

Its like saying Bugs Bunny needs to be shut out of movies because he's a cross dressing duck-murdering partner to Elmer Fudd and his homoerotic gun practices.

Mikey is NOT violent. Raph is just a little, he just needs more hugs.

While you're at it lets put a stop to all children's movies. After all children's movies tend to be more violent than many adult movies. Snow White almost has her heart cut out on orders of her murderous step mother only to be poisoned later, Nemo's mother got ripped to shread by a baracuda, Mufasa got trampled to death in front of his son, Sara Crew gets abused by her caretaker, how many people died in A Series of Unfortunate Events? How many die in Harry Potter movies?

Kids are better off reading...No wait, most kids movies are from books, violent and inappropriate books.. Sam Iam was a stalker, The Cat in the Hat was a conartist who sold those two kids into white slavery when the mother wasnt looking....sorry, kids can only read the bible...WAIT a second...Jesus gets crucified, women get stoned, Lot's wife turns to salt, many people die in the great flood...yadda yadda yadda.

TMNT is not violent. Its a movie, an abstract piece of art that must be put into context, even for a three year old. BTW My nephew saw the original when he was 3 and it was LIVE action violence. So far he's not killed anyone but then again Ive been avoiding the family reuions like crazy.
silent_slaughters

Post by silent_slaughters »

well when you put it that way your right and im wrong, im not saying to stop childrens movies, BUT i am stating it DOES have a effect on them. As humans they can addapt to what they see and try to repeat what they see. Yes they do go around pretending to be ninja's and punching and kicking, your right they dont kill anyone but they still playfight and knock at each other AFTER watching it.
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

silent_slaughters wrote:well when you put it that way your right and im wrong, im not saying to stop childrens movies, BUT i am stating it DOES have a effect on them. As humans they can addapt to what they see and try to repeat what they see. Yes they do go around pretending to be ninja's and punching and kicking, your right they dont kill anyone but they still playfight and knock at each other AFTER watching it.
You knew this movie was about Ninja turtles...you're still not getting my point on that. You knew this movie wasn't pacifistic in nature and you choose to take a 3, an 8 and a 9 year old to see it. Every trailer for this movie states that it has violence and questionable language. You made the choice for them to view this material, the studio did not force you to expose those kids to such subjects.

What actions are you taking when these children mimick the actions you paid for them to view? You can blame the movie all you want, but in the end you are those kids' best role model and model for behaviour.
desmondkok

yeah...

Post by desmondkok »

as far as you have concern...ninja turtles movie talks about fighting....however, in the movie..it do have some teachings as well..whereby the sinsei asked leo to look for raplh....the importance to have teamwork!!....