Death Metal - Who likes metal?!

TheCrymsonLegends

Re: Metal

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

biskit67 wrote:Is metal even an existing genre of music these days. Metal used to be Bon Jovi and Def Leppard. Some of the stuff today makes that music sound like lullabys.

If you think Bon Jovi was metal ... you need your head examined. Metal refered to heavy music not just lyrics... but the music was fast and drums beating as such a speed you can't keep up and it twists your mind trying to figure out the notes... but I don't like metal of today.

Rock is the new metal, and metal has now gone to low yelling noises in the mic with no real meaning behind the song... head banging to something that you can't understand and reading the lyrics has oooh boy lol gotten me so confused I gave up.

Older style Metal such as Metallica and such was good metal, nothing too hard. If anyone has listend to old rock music you would know that most genra's have changed dramatically over the years to a new age and better music. Since Rock is the New Metal... I suppose I do like it such as Godsmack, and Disturbed. Bands such as that are great and 20 years ago would of been seen as Metal. But for the loud nonesence screaming.. I ain't a fan. Not cutting Metal down I love the beat and all, but if I could just get a Karioke Version and not listen to the screaming lol. Nice topic tho.

P.S. Bon Jovi has never been metal and please do not cut down either Metal or Rock Genras by putting Bon Jovi in them. Bon Jovi is too soft-core to ever be considered a good rock/metal band.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
McBunny

Post by McBunny »

Fourteen Crosstown

Post by Fourteen Crosstown »

Metal, hmm?

I just started listening to it like a few months ago, it is what I use for my roleplaying music.

As far as groups?
- Dragonforce
- Masterplan
- Nightwish
memao

Post by memao »

I like death metal this days..
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

Uh no. Too loud for my tired ears.
Envoxia

Of course

Post by Envoxia »

While I listen to many things, heavy, death, and nu metal are some of my favorites to listen to. I absolutely love the instruments.
rwshthn

ni iam not

Post by rwshthn »

i like clasic