FIREFOX SUCKS, SEE YOUR ALTERNATIVES FAST

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
darko

FIREFOX SUCKS, SEE YOUR ALTERNATIVES FAST

Post by darko »

Yes, that's rights, here you go i finally said it, yes FF has some better features then IE (not anymore with IE7) but i just can't take it anymore, firefox sucks, i used it for over a year now, i recommended it to alot of people, but the truth is that we were all taking by the HYPE, that some internet surfers had created, firefox is not what they say it is. just last week, it crashed 5 times in one day, every time deleting all tabs and my configurations and my bookmarks, thank god that i exported them before, i googles firefox sucks, and it turned out, i'm not alone lots of people hates firefox but not everybody is willing to admited here's a website a think you'll find helpfull, http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD ... ml#Origins
I installed Opera today , and "FIREFOX IS THE FASTEST BROWSER MY ASS", just download opera and see all the features it has, it's amazing, with a download manager and an RSS Feed manager, it's the best browser i used so far.
This opinion and i think there's alot of people that's will agree with me

Darko
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

Firefox is not for everyone. I personally love the fact thaqt you can personalise it to your heart's content, and thta on my computer at least, it seems to be the just as fast as Opera.

It is a shame that its not perfect, and it does have a its problems, especially once you start installing lots of extensions. Memory leaks and random crashes are unfortunately introduced when people write extensions and then dont' check them carefully enough. However I understand that versions 2 (coming very shortly) will correct a lot of these problems.

Overall I still like the feature set, the customisability and the speed and comparative security of Firefox when compared to Internet Explorer 7. (Internet Explorer 6 is beyond a joke). I have had more than my fair share of problems with IE7, especially when you are trying to make standards compliant websites. The Internet Explorer 7 interface is interesting and new but I dont' find it any better than the convential browser interface.

As for Opera, I must agree its a very good browser. There are certain sites that don't work with it, and I find it has so many features it almost gets irritating at times, but I must admit its a solid browser. Personally I use both, but I still lean slightly towards Firefox.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hey, i may or may not have any point to justify myself, but firefox has never done anything crazy on me, and i still will continue to love it.

And guys, as far as the comparison is concerned, when you are trying to compare firefox along with IE and opera, you are actually comparing a 2 year old child with a 12 year old (or maybe more) adult, which is not fare!!
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

SHadmin wrote:Hey, i may or may not have any point to justify myself, but firefox has never done anything crazy on me, and i still will continue to love it.
And even if you don't have a point yourself, there are many others to put the points forward for you! There are lots of justifications for using Firefox :)
SHadmin wrote: And guys, as far as the comparison is concerned, when you are trying to compare firefox along with IE and opera, you are actually comparing a 2 year old child with a 12 year old (or maybe more) adult, which is not fare!!
This is also a very, very good point. Despite its comparatively young age it is still among the best of browsers.
suni

Post by suni »

thank God I never had that issue with FF ...just the everpresent error that pops up and closes everything from time to time. I cant stand that IE has no way to tab and you have to have 7 windows open at once to do everything you need...FF hsa been pretty stable and the customization is nice, too.

You will always find people on either side of a fence or on top of it. Just look at paypal. There are sites that tout its greatness and other sites that tout its faults. It's just the way it is.
Sunita
rwshthn

i think

Post by rwshthn »

i like firefox but not more
iam in time i use it in another may not
hacker

Post by hacker »

i like ff :?
darko

Post by darko »

ok, just to keep you updated, i recently installed firefox 2, and until now it's working fine, and it has some great new features, so i might change my mind again
Darko
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

I use to used firefox on linux but firefox seems more slower than Opera. Opera is fast and since i've been using it , i havent experience it crashing be4. That's y i prefer Opera insted of firefox
^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
jesper

Post by jesper »

i love it. IE7 steal's the tab function lol. And Firefox have extension and themes. So i can modifi mine Firefox, so i want it.