Running an PhpAdsNew server

If there is anything for ultimate privacy such as reporting some bugs in the control panel script or such disscussions can be done here.

Note :: Remember, if a post is not of such ultimate privacy related then it must be posted in some other forum which is visible to the open public
EnacheVladian

Running an PhpAdsNew server

Post by EnacheVladian »

I was looking through the rules and cant find anything specific so im gonna ask here :

I'm playing with an ads server to serve some banners on my sites, its ok? My sites have a total of around 1500 pageviews per day so its a small load.

There is something wrong using my hosting package for running an ads server along with regular web pages ? Thanks!

EnacheVladian

Post by EnacheVladian »

i received an answer without anybody responding :D the hosting isnt reliable enough to run an ads server on it, it has to many downholes to be considered an option.

probably i will run 1 ad server for every site, every each of them with the server locally, at least if the server isnt working the site isnt working for the same reason ...
SHAdmin

Re: Running an PhpAdsNew server

Post by SHAdmin »

EnacheVladian wrote:I was looking through the rules and cant find anything specific so im gonna ask here :

I'm playing with an ads server to serve some banners on my sites, its ok? My sites have a total of around 1500 pageviews per day so its a small load.

There is something wrong using my hosting package for running an ads server along with regular web pages ? Thanks!
Hi,
You are permitted to use the phpadsnew script for serving your advertising needs. But you are not permitted to use it as a ad server as that will take up a lot of load. For setting up a ad server, you will need atleast a VPS if not a completed dedicated server.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

EnacheVladian wrote:i received an answer without anybody responding :D the hosting isnt reliable enough to run an ads server on it, it has to many downholes to be considered an option.

probably i will run 1 ad server for every site, every each of them with the server locally, at least if the server isnt working the site isnt working for the same reason ...
Well, i dont know why you feel this host is not reliable enough to run phpadsnew coz currently i am using phpadsnew script to serve ads on this site (you can see the google ads here for example!!)
EnacheVladian

Post by EnacheVladian »

3 hours after i was done setting up the host crashed and was unavaible for almost half an hour. its not unusual, till now i didnt encoutered any host to stay up 100%. that's why i realised that is better to run the adserver on the same site with the target site, especially in my case (2 different sites, manageable individually).

so probably i was carryed away , sometimes i forget that shit happens to everybody 8) franqly smoky is quite ok in my book and i know a lot of hosts :lol:
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

On a related topic is it ok if I put up paid ads on my site?
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Tomf wrote:On a related topic is it ok if I put up paid ads on my site?
Yes, you are permitted to put paid ads on your site as long as you stick to "the user acceptable rules".
ColdSpirit

Post by ColdSpirit »

:/ never understood how to completely configure the phpadsnew.. it has sooo complicated... i have vbulletin and i run a addon to serve ads...
Join now on Second Life and build, explore, buy/sel land, exchange L$ for real money.. it is completely free so.. why are you waiting??

http://secondlife.com/ss/?u=9be8ae40712 ... e3d61364e4