Windows XP Home Service Pack 2

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
Tails5

Windows XP Home Service Pack 2

Post by Tails5 »

When I installed it my firewall went down any ideas?

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

If you mean that your firewall got disabled, then try to go to your start-->control panel-->Security center and then enable it again.

If you mean that it is getting errors, then maybe you might have to re-install/update your service pack.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Windows XP SP2 has it's own Firewall, and might take over your firewall. Check the Security Center to see if Windows Firewall has blocked yours or not. Also your Firewall might not be compatable with SP2, alot of programs and drivers require an update to make it compatible with Sp2. Check the home site of your firewall and see if there is a download to make it compatible with sp2. You might have to reinstall the program.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
sunny_16977

Post by sunny_16977 »

Dear Friend,SP2 comes with deafult Firewall which is very good indeed,i would suggest you to use the firewall of SP2
froglm33

Post by froglm33 »

watch out for those firewalls...dont ever try freedom firewall especially with dial up...btw you dont want to upgrade to sp2 on dial up it takes way to long
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

As has already been mentioned, SP2 does contain its own firewall. Never try to run two software firewalls at the same time as they will fight. Disable either the XP firewall or the other one.

Also, do not attempt to run more than one anti-virus program at once. This is slightly easier as it is not already included in either Windows XP or SP2. I believe this will be all change when Vista comes along.
msetters

SP2

Post by msetters »

Even service pack 2's firewall has its draw backs, It blocks all incoming stuff but does not stop stuff going out.
Mizo

Post by Mizo »

Win XP SP2 comes with owen firewall you dont need any firewalls progz
to install over it so off any firewalls u have and make thw win firewall no 1