The Best AntiVirus

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
Nix

Post by Nix »

I used to use Bit Defender... It's realy great. Now I do not need any anti-virus 'couse I use Linux :P

I think you should have it ( any distribution ) !

Mizo

Post by Mizo »

i use Norton AntiVirus 2006
silent_slaughters

Post by silent_slaughters »

I think McAfee is the best antivirus. I have McAffee antivirus, firewall, and spam killer and it detects viruses instantly!. Ever scince I downloaded McAffee i didn't have to change my computer because of viruses.
Locke Laton

Post by Locke Laton »

I will say Norton Anti Virus 2003 edition ^_^

I hate the NAV 2006 cos it uses too much of RAM and have some useless features. But NAV 2003 is only focus on detecting and killing virus, the programme is also small, run smoothly, haven't got any trouble with this one ;)
never mind!
----------------------------
Impertinence

Post by Impertinence »

The truth? No antivirus is best--it depends on how your computer is configured and how well you can get rid of them manually. For example, I got a virus Norton couldn't get rid of, but my father got it off my computer in 15 minutes.

That being said, Trend Micro PC-Cillin works really well, and it's cheap.
"Life is tough.

Life is tougher if you're stupid."
amr12391

Post by amr12391 »

Norton Antivirus is by far the BEST AntiVirus for Windows and also Norton SystemWorks helps speed up the pc and optimizes and cleans broken links etc. Norton pwns =)
fear_fucks

Mc AFEE

Post by fear_fucks »

i use mc afee and i think its the best one
Valiantheart

Post by Valiantheart »

I tried Norton but it's heavy on system resources.

AVG Free is the way to go! 8)
sethamin

Post by sethamin »

Nortons pretty good. :) The one I DON'T recommend is McAfee. :x
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

I would never use or install Norton Malware.

I heard that their system utilities programs are ok, and that Norton Ghost is good. I have also heard good thinks about Partition Magic - but never about their security prducts.

I personally prefer to be without an anti-virus. There is no 'good' anti-virus program, they all take up precious system resources that I'd rather devote to other things... such as games, and regular computer use.