Updates On The Website ?

Any problem with HTML can be discussed here.
LeftEyeNine

Updates On The Website ?

Post by LeftEyeNine »

So the question is: I do not want to deal with solely PHP or something based website. I want to create the graphics put them in n lyers and tables. Briefly the well-known way to a website. However, I will be adding stuff to the website of course, I want some layer that eases the update infotmation of the site. Whenever I add a news, the former ones will slide down automatically, say.

What is the way to do this, anybody can help ?

Sorry I am an experienced PC user but kept so far way from webmastering because of internet access problems in Turkey until recent years.

computeacher

Post by computeacher »

I am a little confused with what you are saying. You can use HTML/XHTML, to create the webpage's coding. There are some tutorials here: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

For the colour schemes and style, use CSS. Tutorials can be found here: http://www.htmlite.com/CSSintro.php

For the graphics themselves, use the free software, GIMP. There are some tutorials here: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

James
James
planetpixel

Re: Updates On The Website ?

Post by planetpixel »

LeftEyeNine wrote:So the question is: I do not want to deal with solely PHP or something based website. I want to create the graphics put them in n lyers and tables. Briefly the well-known way to a website. However, I will be adding stuff to the website of course, I want some layer that eases the update infotmation of the site. Whenever I add a news, the former ones will slide down automatically, say.

What is the way to do this, anybody can help ?

Sorry I am an experienced PC user but kept so far way from webmastering because of internet access problems in Turkey until recent years.
i suggest designing your web page in phtoshop. Its so easy to slice it and Iframe it, anybody could do it.

LeftEyeNine

Post by LeftEyeNine »

Sorry for ignoring my own topic for so long - you know how PCs are, they just let you down where you when there is emergency :D

I wanted to say that :

I will make a layer say 300 * 400 which is in the middle of the page that gives info about updates on the site. And whenever I add something new to the website, I want the older news to automatically slide down while obeying the dimensions of the layer.. Is it a bit more clear ? Please help..
toychoq

Post by toychoq »

updating web site is very difficult for me
sometimes my site looks strange after i update some info in it
pliz help
UNDERCOVER

Post by UNDERCOVER »

use just php its a lot easyer then addeding other scripts to it aswell
toychoq

Post by toychoq »

using css style sheets
koyut

Post by koyut »

Try finding conten management scripts (CMS's). There are alot out there for free and that could help you easily puclish a site.
ELMOHTARF

Post by ELMOHTARF »

i agree with you
koyut wrote:Try finding conten management scripts (CMS's).
:lol: :lol: :D :wink:
With My Best Wishes ::::::: Scorpion :::::::::
kaos_frack

Post by kaos_frack »

user php that loads information (let's say NEWS) from a text file
and when you want to update just change the text file
and your page will be updated automaticly