Since the dot-com boom...

Share your ideas of a new website. Maybe you might inspire someone to kick off another .com boom!!

Moderator: TheCrymsonLegends

CftxP

Since the dot-com boom...

Post by CftxP »

was started by the increase of the value of stocks in the stock market, then sites involving money might be a good idea for a site. People today like communicating and often go to sites like Myspace, Friendster, etc... so a social networking site, with a lot of advertising could make a successful site! :D

iBye

Post by iBye »

Yeah, but making a site to compete against, for ex Myspace is a race you cannot win.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
CftxP

Post by CftxP »

Well, who knows? Barely anyone's tried it before! I mean, facebook is one of its competitors and it's been successful so far! Why not try to compete? You'll never know what can happen!
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

If you could prevent those **** star bots from registering and spamming all accross the website then maybe you could compete with Myspace. Hi5 was in the running until myspace came along because Hi5 got beat up by the **** spam. So now Myspace is getting spammed with the **** spam so soon the next website which is behind Myspace will all the sudden get a huge burst of members. Of course once that gets hit then the next so if it could be stopped all together then which ever site had that feature it would beat myspace and any other site without it.

I have the image feature on my myspace page and it still gets spammed with that crap, soon I may be ridding of my myspace just because of it.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
MyRune

Post by MyRune »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:If you could prevent those **** star bots from registering and spamming all accross the website then maybe you could compete with Myspace. Hi5 was in the running until myspace came along because Hi5 got beat up by the **** spam. So now Myspace is getting spammed with the **** spam so soon the next website which is behind Myspace will all the sudden get a huge burst of members. Of course once that gets hit then the next so if it could be stopped all together then which ever site had that feature it would beat myspace and any other site without it.

I have the image feature on my myspace page and it still gets spammed with that crap, soon I may be ridding of my myspace just because of it.
Couldnt Agree with you anymore.

I mean those **** star bots get on your nerves, i mean you know what its like. your trying to make a great community for everyone and some spam bot comes in and wrecks the place...
Mid you, Thats what Image Verifacations For these days.
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

yeah but it will need some effort
Good Luck if you are willing to make one
tewage

Post by tewage »

Yeah, I hate the **** bots. I think this idea is nice, although it would be hard due to the fact that myspace, facebook, etc. are controlling most of that type of industry. I've heard of a new site that is becoming popular that started out with one php developer and ended with a complete successful business with great staff. They still are a little under the professionalism, but that's the only reason I didn't register.
sobkisu

Post by sobkisu »

So much advertising will make your website dislike .
Life is only one. so don't make it complex:)