Pixel Art Site

Share your ideas of a new website. Maybe you might inspire someone to kick off another .com boom!!

Moderator: TheCrymsonLegends

Lochsley

Pixel Art Site

Post by Lochsley »

I am a strong user of pixel art sites, and I do my own regularly. But, I would like a site for beginners to post their art. It is a reasonably easy form of art to do, yet the results can be amazing.

Can anyone set up one for me?

habbotroy

Post by habbotroy »

nup soz :(
TROY
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I am curious; what is pixel art?
damen57

Post by damen57 »

Pretty Much things that are drawn, on a computer. or say you play habbo. its people that make alterations to current things or make things that look like they were made by the actual hotel staff
sakhan

Post by sakhan »

i think it would be quite difficult
sakhan

a joint venture

Post by sakhan »

most of us are struglling to get started of the net and make a real and good income so why not we should give each other a helping hand and share the revenue what do you think should we have a site and we all members do the work and then share the revenue
barnes

Post by barnes »

I may not be able to make it for you, but I can help you get it rolling.

A great way to share are would be a Message Board, like this one. You can set one of them up VERY easily thanks to Fantastico that SHAdmin has given to us. Log into the Cpanel (user.thesmokylounge.com/cpanel), and **** Fantastico (Blue smily face logo). When that page loads, look for message boards. You have a few options. phpBB, SMF, and another I think. phpBB is probably the most popular, and simple to use. SMF is a little bit more intense then phpBB, and has more features. You should be fine with either option. **** the Message Board you choose, and **** install. It will ask for a location you want to set it up to on your hosting server. (leave it blank if you want to make the message board appear at user.thesmokylounge.com)

Once it tells you that it has installed, head over to the installed location, and log in to the forums with the username and password you chose in Cpanel. **** Admin once you have logged in, and play with some of the settings, and learn about the message board you are using. Look for Fourms or Catagories, and add a forum called something like 'Pixel Art Beginners Submissions'.

Take some time to learn about plugins, and themes for the message board you chose. Look at their sites to see some of them (Google can help too.) Its good to get a theme, and some plugins that makes your message board stand out from the billions of others.

Advertise it to some people, get a handful of active users, and stick with it, and help it grow and prosper! Good luck!

Oh, on the topic of what Pixel Art is; It is a form of digital art that is drawn using simply single pixel brushes in imaging software like Photoshop, or The Gimp. It creates some really incredible stuff. Try Googling 'Pixel Art'. Its really amazing the time people put into it.

Try downloading The Gimp and reading some tutorials (Look on google for them.) and give it a try if you wish, and then help Lochsley by posting you work on his new message board!
daddygotech

Post by daddygotech »

Pixel Art, so far, that i've known of is Habbo Hotel. Other than that, there is advertising techniques like Pixel Advertising Spaces. In Singapore, a famous blogger named 'Xia Xue' maded use of Pixel Advertising, which took up less than 1/3 of the space on her blog. She makes money by blogging and she's certainly smart since she knows how to make use of her Page Ranking to get advertisers place a small pixel advertisement on her site. (-Though results have not been known as per to whether it's useful)

Habbo Hotel has a pretty great achievement but what makes it not that exceptionally popular is that the consumer focus in Modern Time is basically, Teenagers and Children who are dependant on their parents legally. So, if Habbo hotel makes at least 1/3 or 2/3 of their paid features free, it's gonna give some big buzz or boom.
vijethk

Post by vijethk »

what is that yar i dint of it befor can u explain in detail
Zeqya

Post by Zeqya »

Make A Contest Of Them The Winner Get That Many Points And 2nd Winner Get That Many Point And So Only 1se 2nd 3rd Get Prize That Would Be Greate
Want A Nice Website With A Forum
Dont **** Unless You Want To Die If You're Already Dead Then Ok
Wanna Make Colors Too?BBcode