new search engine

Share your ideas of a new website. Maybe you might inspire someone to kick off another .com boom!!

Moderator: TheCrymsonLegends

Stam

Post by Stam »

dont think people would even attempt to use your search engine, people are stuck to google and i wouldnt even waste my time with making one if i were you

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Stuck to Google? I never use Google, I use Live Search.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Stam

Post by Stam »

Most novices would, so lets say ask anyone who rarely uses a computer which is alot of people they'd use google.
iBye

Post by iBye »

I always use google, its my start page aswell :)
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Gebbo

search engine

Post by Gebbo »

yeah sounds alwright.. id definately use it :D
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

clubmaster3

Post by clubmaster3 »

I think the key is making it make the search engine as powerfull as big ones but with the option to avoid searching for specific things like meta tags.
A fully cutomizable search whould be great!
I whould definetely use it if it can do this:D
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

In my opinion when you search for META Tags you can be linked to a ton of websites which may never actually be what you want to look for. People implement many meta tags just to get more visitors to their sites.

On Google which in my opinion is the worst search engine ; only use it because it's implemented into Firefox, which then I give up and go to live search ; but it brings up thousands of possible matches because it doesn't quite match everything you are looking for. When looking for parts for my 1979 Pontiac Grand LeMans it never brings back many pages which even refers to a Grand Lemans it is always a GTO or a Monte Carlo, and if I use quotations it normally voids the search because not many people type it all out.

Ask.com has some really nice features and doesn't bring back as many useless results so I believe it will start becoming more popular. As far as this idea not many new search engines will pass those with more popularity because they have advertisements and deals with other companies, would be a great idea for personal use and the use of anyone who just wants the old fashioned better result search engine. Good idea though :).
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

Hate to break it to you, but like some have already mentioned, Google and the other major search engines already utilize all those techniques and then some. Text, files, everything.
rudrawadi

Post by rudrawadi »

yes thats the idea but to program that the very much of time is went
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

It's a good idea , I may use it