How to: Connect to & Host a San Andreas Multiplayer Server

Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and you feel it will help the forum members.

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from Administrator
damen57

How to: Connect to & Host a San Andreas Multiplayer Server

Post by damen57 »

San Andreas Multiplayer (SA-MP for short) is an online multiplayer using V1 of GTA:San Andreas. Using reverse engineering, time and alot of effort, sampdev (kye) has created an online environment for all to enjoy.

How do you play? You might ask.
Head on over to http://www.sa-mp.com and download the latest client release, which is Currently SA-MP 0.2.2 R3, install it which is pretty self explanatory. (Works with 98+, there are known to be a few bugs with vista. Which are only in the client itself, not in-game. If you are using windows vista, be sure to run it as an administrator. **** on the internet tab, find a genre of server to your liking. (DM, RP, Stunts etc.) and then press connect!

Now, I know how to play. What does hosting a server involve?
SA-MP server's can be hosted off any linux or windows system. The console is merely a DOS box. Bandwidth consumption depends on how many players are connected. SA-MP also supports LAN play, meaning you don't have to be on the internet to play.

Where do I get it?
Like the client, the server can also be downloaded from SA-MP.com.

How do I change what content is in the server?
SA-MP uses a relatively easy scripting language based from C++ but is similar to PHP also, called pawn. Nearly every aspect of the server can be programmed/scripted to however which way you want it. (Within the boundaries of GTA:SA of course)

Do you have any recommended servers?
Right now I play the RP server The GTA Hood. PM me for more information.

This has been a How-to from damen57! Any further questions, PM me.

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Thank you for sharing that 'how to' with the other members of SmokyHosts.com.

Your account has been created with 25 points for that.