How to keep your websites safe

Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and you feel it will help the forum members.

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from Administrator
clubmaster3

How to keep your websites safe

Post by clubmaster3 »

Keeping your website safe and clean can be a difficult process, specially premade scripts/templates are often vulnerable using different security holes.

First of all, you need to separate de webpages, in active web, (all the pages wirh active content, like forums in php , nuke, and more, and the statics ones... the statics, are almost all html, or htm, so there is no active content.

Then you should know,in active content it is easy to find bugs, exploits, or more to hack it.
A hacker could just look on different sites and find a pre made exploit or a allready founded bug to gain access to your website.
I whould not consider this as hacking the in the most cases since someone will only take the resources others left on the internet and use it.

Html is real hacking, if a hacker wants to gain access he has to hack the server wich will be much more difficult.

Now you know that a animated site is much more difficult to stay safe as a basic html site.

Here are some tips on how to prevent your site from beeing hacked:

Allways use the newest script/template versions for your side, older versions are often vulnerable and really unsafe to use.

If you really want to get sure you can scan your site by your own and see if it´s vulnerable and where the dangers are.
I recommend Shadow security Scanner or Acunetix for this porpuse.
If there are any bugs/security holes you can fix them by following the instructions of the scanner.

To stay safe you should be informed about new exploits and vulnerabilitys and allways update when new versions of the scripts you use come out.

If you have anything to add feel free to do so.
I hope this helped some people understand better.

Greetz,

clubmaster3

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi,
15 points have been credited into your account for sharing the "How To".