How To Make a Good Suggestion

Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and you feel it will help the forum members.

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from Administrator
TheCrymsonLegends

How To Make a Good Suggestion

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Hello and welcome to my second how-to. This how to will be on how to make a proper suggestion here on smokyhosts because I see some really good suggestions go to waste simply because most people don't put enough effort into them to get them recognized.

First of all any suggestion is as good as it's first post due to allowing members to understand it and to post their opinions on what they feel about it. Believe it or not SHAdmin usually will wait for members to post their opinions to see how many people really want the suggested idea. Since SHAdmin cares about his customers he tries his best to implement ideas that many members feel would be great as long as it is in the ability of the site to do so. So how do we make proper suggestions which will catch the eye of other people?

1. Topic Name: The name of the topic has to be something to catch the eye, if you write suggestion in it then not many people will pay attention to it. If you put the name of your suggestion in the topic (Ex: New User Name Colors) then everyone can see what you are suggesting so they may check it out.

2. Topic Body: The body is where you need to hit everyone hard in order to get them to start posting about your suggestion as to whether or not they agree with you. You have to include your idea and why you think your idea will enhance the overall satisfaction with the customers of smokyhosts. This of this as a business proposition, you have to write it clear and sell it to the big man in order to get it put into action. If you don't take much pride in your suggestion then it may not ever make it to the eyes of SHAdmin and he is the only person who decides whether or not it succeeds.

You need to be sure to give great examples of it and explain it clearly enough so that other members can post what they feel because even if SHAdmin chooses not to do something when many members come together and feel it would be a good suggestion then he could change his mind. It has happened in the past and some suggestions are really great ones. Offer ways to make the suggestion easier to implement and give precise details on what your suggestion is about to allow that no questions would have to be asked.

As I said above a suggestion is only as good as it is written, if there isn't any details on what it is or how it will improve customer satisfaction then your suggestion will be dismissed without much thought. If you have a good suggestion make sure you try to sell it the best you can so that we can eventually reap the benefits of those awesome suggestions. I am sad to see many of them get dismissed simply because the members didn't take enough time and care in the suggestion they made to give it a fighting chance.

Here is an example of a good suggestion which will incorporate a great deal of information to give it a great fighting chance whether or not it succeeds.

Topic Name: New choice of smiley's to choose from.

Topic Body: I feel as the smiley's which we currently have are a little bit bland to choose from, so I suggest all members to pick a couple new smiley's that we can all vote for. I personally feel that the new sizzle smiley pack for phpbb is a great pack to choose from. The smiley's are clear, crisp and won't mingle in the background or body of any topic which they are used in. I encourage other members to pick packs in which they like then we can all vote for the one we like to bring to SHAdmin to see whether or not he would implement the pack for us.

The example above is just an example don't take it serious but it brings the opportunity for other members to help in the suggestion and if a vast majority of the members choose on a specific pack then it would give it a better chance for SHAdmin to decide in the favor of the members. When a post gets a great deal of attention from the members of smokyhosts it shows SHAdmin that there are a good deal of members who want the new suggestion implemented. I know I has repeated myself many times but please if you are going to make a suggestion give it a fighting chance so that everyone else will see how much of a great idea it really is.

Thank you for reading my how-to stay tuned as I bring you more how-to's of smokyhosts. That is right all my how-to's will be based on smokyhosts and how you can survive here as a member.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hey dude, thanks a lot for such a great contribution to the "How To" repository.

You have been credited 75 points.