How to Install Windows XP on your CD/DVD/Pen drive

Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and you feel it will help the forum members.

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from Administrator
jasondsouza

How to Install Windows XP on your CD/DVD/Pen drive

Post by jasondsouza »

This article will show you how to install Windows XP on your CD/DVD/USB Pen drive/ Flash Drive/ thumb Drive

Requirements:-
1) Windows XP CD or Windows XP Setup Information
2) Blank CD or DVD
or
2) USB Pen Drive Minimum of 1 GB (disk space necessary 256 MB or less)
3) BART PE builder software.

Procedure:-
1) Make sure that your system has about 500MB of free disk space!

2) Download the latest PE Builder version (self-installing package) and install it.

3) Start PE Builder (pebuilder.exe). When you start PE Builder for the first time it will ask if you agree with the license agreement.

4) Now PE Builder will ask to search for windows installation files. If you don't have your windows XP setup/installation files on your system you must insert the original Microsoft Windows XP installation/setup CD at this point.
The files you have at c:\windows are not installation files. They are your already installed files!
**** "yes" to start searching. PE Builder will now search all fixed- and CD-Rom drives for Windows installation files. This will take some time. When more than one valid location is found, a dialog will appear where you can select which location you want to use.

5)
For making Bootable CD/DVD
At the main PE Builder dialog, select the "Burn to CD/DVD" option. When you are using an erasable medium, make sure that the "AutoErase RW" option is enabled. The "burn using" option should be set to "StarBurn". Select your CD writer device from the Device list.

Hit the "build" button. PE Builder will now ask you to create a BartPE directory, answer with "yes".

The license for your Microsoft Windows XP product is shown. Read it and agree to it to continue.

PE Builder will now start building BartPE. This will take a few minutes.
You will see a lot of files getting copied and/or decompressed, the ISO image build and the data recorded to your CD/DVD writer.
If the data verify was correct and there where no errors reported you can boot the CD/DVD!

6)
For making bootable Pen Drive
Follow the above instructions and copy the files to the pen drive.

Enjoy your new preinstalled XP environment and use it for system Rescue Purposes...

Bibliography
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk
http://www.theos.in

--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Interesting.

Your account has been credited 40 points for sharing it.
web_master

Post by web_master »

Thanks for the information and posting...
g007

Post by g007 »

oh! it a preety thing.
anish

Post by anish »

well copied from http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
u cannot copy it u need to have ur own to post here.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

jasondsouza, copying 'How To' from other places is not permitted unless you have a written permission from the original author.
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

i have just presented it differently .. I have not copied word to word...
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site