How to: Cut down of spam mail

Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and you feel it will help the forum members.

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from Administrator
gamez93

How to: Cut down of spam mail

Post by gamez93 »

Ok this is a simple thread which allows you to cut down of recieveing spam mail to your emails. I have done most of theses and I its cut down on the amount of junk I get.

How to: Cut down of spam mail--------------------------------------------------------

[1] Do not use generic email addresses - If you have a website it is common that you will have a email address like webmaster@mysite.com - they are used so many times that people will just try there luck and you could end up with spam.

[2] Do not put email addresses on your website - If you own a website, do not post your personal email address on your site as your company email or your company one, since people can extract your email and use it, the best thing do is to set up a form, which allows people to fill it out.

[3] Set up spam filters - Use spam filters on your email box or on your computer. These can be helpful in sorting spam into a separate folder.

[4] Check websites - Check a Web site's privacy policy before you submit your e-mail address to see whether it permits the company to share your address with online marketing companies.

[5] No reply - Do not reply to spam emails, or even open them since this verifies that spam was sent to a valid address.

Please make sure that you follow those steps, because this will help you. I will be posting more of How to's as I come up with some.

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

A bonus of 25 points have been added into your account for sharing the usefull "How To" with the members of the community.
dragon9898

Spam mail

Post by dragon9898 »

Thanks for the suggestions. I get tons of spam mail a day you couldn't tell between important emails from the spam I had to change my email. I will use your suggestions.