FREE Subdomain With DNS Settings

Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and you feel it will help the forum members.

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from Administrator
roalf

FREE Subdomain With DNS Settings

Post by roalf »

If you dont have your own TLD, you can always use FREE .us.to, .uk.to, .biz.tm, etc. with DNS settings and of course, no ads. I used biz.tm when I don't have my own domain name yet. I guess their not that ugly.

But of course these are just temporary, when you get your own domain name, then you can just simply ditch these or still keep it. Up to you, really. So why don't you guys try it out? I'm sure many of you know this already and maybe using it as well. :D

http://freedns.afraid.org

It's so easy to use. Just make an account, validate it and all then login. Now if you wish to see all the available domain names on the drop down menu, **** on Preferences, Domain List: Customize Domain List, Display All Domains (large and slow) then update.

Now, **** on Subdomains, Add a subdomain, choose Type: NS, type in your Subdomain, i.e. soul, choose your Domain(public), i.e, us.to then, on the Address, type in your host's Nameserver. Then **** on save and you're done! You now own soul.us.to!

Of course you also need to configure your cpanel's Parked Domains or Addon Domains just like dealing with real domain names. Sometimes, you will also have to wait for it to propagate but basing on my experience, it just take some minutes or sometimes, it's even instant!

P.S. Choose (public) domains since (private) domains needs the approval of the owner of the domain for you to be able to use it, while (public) domains don't need any approval from anyone.

Hope this helps some of you. I know this is not new, but this is for the sake of those who doesn't know it yet. :D

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Wow thanks! Do I enter ns1.smokyhosts.net as nameserver? and whats the difference between parked and addon domains?
shuttleu

Post by shuttleu »

thx i am very interested in that
Hello world!!!
bannerbiz

Post by bannerbiz »

thank's roalf...making one now..
BannerBiz Exchange Network

New promoting forum.. http://www.bannerbiz.info/forum -> place your ads in your signaure(html- adsence,adbrie,obeus etc.). More posts more impressions/****'s you get to your ads..
iSTiFYeTi

Post by iSTiFYeTi »

thx its very different and cool
gamez93

Post by gamez93 »

Hey thanks for this - I had the site bookmarked for some time, but I never understood how to use it properly, thanks for posting the guide aswell.
dragon9898

thanks

Post by dragon9898 »

thanks for posting this I will check it out.
papai

Post by papai »

WoW thanks you I have a domain
yphanh2002

Post by yphanh2002 »

Another site:
http://www.uni.cc
You can use dns in this site.:D
xakir

Post by xakir »

its a nice site, but TLD's are something else...there used to be a site sometime back that gave out free TLD's...some weird Island thing i guess, but it was good...have any of you heard of it?