NA
No votes

Total votes: 3
Freedom Fighter

1 **** server software

Post by Freedom Fighter »

haha.

you read it.

what if there was a packaged software you could download that would have you up and going with a working all round website/hosting server.

it would make things so much easier. but i guess it does remove the learning process what do you guys think?

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Depending on what do you actually mean by website/hosting server...

However, based upon how feature rich you want this server to be, you already have many such softwares including cpanel (which even has a bundled version with CentOS linux OS), webmin, Plesk, Directadmin and atleast 20 more popularly used ones!
Freedom Fighter

Bassically Im talking about an all in one package that contains the fallowing.
in windows( dont know linux :[ )

dns server, xampp,email server, ssl, enkompass(cpanel), web host manager, modernbill, kayako support suite

and other things I may not be aware of lol.
I dont think i know enough about it to really expalin it but the best i can do is:
-----------------------------
product title.

product is the one **** set up to running your own windows based web hosting service.
with just one install and a little configuration your on you way to providing world wide website hosting. Product will bring you and you clients closer.
------------------------------

Thats Kinda what im looking at. But as I learn more and more about this process i dont think it would be that simple ever.
Gebbo

1 **** Server Setup

Post by Gebbo »

Freedom Fighter wrote:Bassically Im talking about an all in one package that contains the fallowing.
in windows( dont know linux :[ )

dns server, xampp,email server, ssl, enkompass(cpanel), web host manager, modernbill, kayako support suite

and other things I may not be aware of lol.
I dont think i know enough about it to really expalin it but the best i can do is:
-----------------------------
product title.

product is the one **** set up to running your own windows based web hosting service.
with just one install and a little configuration your on you way to providing world wide website hosting. Product will bring you and you clients closer.
------------------------------

Thats Kinda what im looking at. But as I learn more and more about this process i dont think it would be that simple ever.
I dont see why that kind of package is not available / why it has not been made. It should be simple the difficult part is setting up the routes / path ways where information is stored, database e.t.c I think not too sure. The rest is just a regular software installation setup.

Should be feasable! HERES YOUR CHANCE TO BE RICH Fighter, be the first one to develop that!!
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Freedom Fighter

Haha trust me if i could program it would be done lol. im not very good lol.

But I think the main reason this hasn't been developed is because the integration of all the products needed to create this would be a pain because of royalties and other patent problems. also the configuration is really complicated to have on app handle all of it.

But i still believe!
Gebbo

All in one software

Post by Gebbo »

Freedom Fighter wrote:
Haha trust me if i could program it would be done lol. im not very good lol.

But I think the main reason this hasn't been developed is because the integration of all the products needed to create this would be a pain because of royalties and other patent problems. also the configuration is really complicated to have on app handle all of it.

But i still believe!
Ah i see okay, well im sure one day someone will build something like that, we can only wait and see. I dont see how configuration would be difficult, Just have it automatically configure everything from root, so in folder install will contain everything from the basic server handle to everything else to access a specific program, the path would just be _root/server/launchthix.exe. I have no idea what im talking about but I hope you see where im trying to get with this! good luck!
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Freedom Fighter

Haha yea It is more than likely since we have program already like xampp
that integrate very useful software such as apache, mysql,ftp,mail server

personally I only use the apache, ftp, and Mysql the email server is a little sh**y
But I can see this being very possible but there is quite alot of things that would bee included in what im looking for so I guess Ill stick with learning it myself lol.
cakil21

Post by cakil21 »

still not understand with this proccess hosting... :D
gotHoadaHix

1 **** server software

Post by gotHoadaHix »

any recomendations as to the best webmail software out there is?

I am running plesk on my server, so i already have a webmail interface.

but i want to give out free e-mail service on my site... so want the whole deal, sign-up page etc..

also an ad managment page on the admin section etc.

any suggestion??