New Web Server & Web browser idea

Moderator: Lixas

Do you think this project is a good idea?

No, i should not wast my time in doing this project
80%
No, i should not wast my time in doing this project
20%

Total votes: 10
thecobra

New Web Server & Web browser idea

Post by thecobra »

hi all,

today i am posting here because i have a plan to create a new type of web server and web browser. We been having http for a real Long Time and i now want to create a new type of internet web browser and web server. this new web browser is meant to be use and ported to mobile gaming device and other device that support programing.

no i don't really need help in this project to tell the true but i just wanted to ask your guys opinion about this project. when i finish with the project, i may release the source code to it for other developers to use and make there own .

please give me your opinion about it and what you would like in it if i start doing this project.

thank you :)
Thecobra

thecobra

Post by thecobra »

wow no comets yet? i though by now i will at least here a "cool" or maybe even a "Forgett it"
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Since you are planning to develop in open source, I suppose it is a good initiative.

Because if you are planning to develop with business point of view, then you have many biggys with deep pockets to compete with, then I wouldnt think it would have been a great idea!!
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

SHAdmin wrote:Since you are planning to develop in open source, I suppose it is a good initiative.

Because if you are planning to develop with business point of view, then you have many biggys with deep pockets to compete with, then I wouldnt think it would have been a great idea!!
thanks for the comment :),

THE PROJECT WILL BE Open source and posted on my web(When it goes back on ;)) hope me good luck on it ;)
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

wow 51 views and only 3 votes? come on guys vote plz, it really make a impact in this case
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

Nice idea , but what will be better in it than http ???
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
Ky

Post by Ky »

So will there be a developer distribution (server) and client program (browser)? Will you be working on both simultaneously or individually? Will it be platform independent or narrow market? A couple of questions like that came to mind.
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

First of all, thanks for the question and post

Alwahsh: the purpose of the project is to make a server and client that works faster on portable system than the normal http servers and browsers. it meant to be easy to port to other system and look nicer on the system that using it. if you look at normal http browser you will notice that they need like about 15 to 20 diffrent pages of code just to port the browser to a normal windows system. that alot of code i believe that most people dont want to write just to make one simple program as a web browser.

Ky: So will there be a developer distribution (server) and client program (browser)? There we be a server and client that a normal user can use and there will be another pack for developers to look at the source code and the debugging mode that show every protocol/data sent from the server to client and vice verser.

Will you be working on both simultaneously or individually?
i be working on the server first because that the easiest part of the project and i can't really test the client without the server aswell. so i guess to answer your question it will be individually.

Will it be platform independent or narrow market?
sorry but i don't really understand what you asking here but the project will be first made for the cfw psp platform first(it the only mobile device i have beside the ipod touch of course) and then ported to windows. after that only time can tell :).

by the ways nice question.

Others question:
will it be free or will we have to pay for it?
no, it will be totally free for everyone to use but like anyone, i MAY take donation if i think i need the money for something in the project.

how long will the project take before their a release?
it may take some couple of month because i have college to attend to and also i have work,project and other stuff to do. i am a human of course ;)

will you need help in this project?
at the start no, but as the project grows i may need help in the graphic and the testing part.

Thanks all,
Thecobra (have a happy new year)
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I dont really understand what you are saying here. It may be a language gap here, so here is a tip: USE GRAPHICS, UMLs, Flow chart, storyboard, what ever nessasary to make your case.

Think thoroughly about what you want to achieve, put it into diagrams then show us. If you think what you do can make a difference, why wait for approval?
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

thetarget wrote:I dont really understand what you are saying here. It may be a language gap here, so here is a tip: USE GRAPHICS, UMLs, Flow chart, storyboard, what ever nessasary to make your case.

Think thoroughly about what you want to achieve, put it into diagrams then show us. If you think what you do can make a difference, why wait for approval?
Please tell me what you don't understand so i can speak more clearly?

why ask for approval? i am not asking for approval. i am more asking for you guys oppinion about the project. what you guys would like in it and what you guys would not like in it. If you guys think it a good project or not. that what i am basicly asking here. :)