New Web Server & Web browser idea

Moderator: Lixas

Do you think this project is a good idea?

No, i should not wast my time in doing this project
80%
No, i should not wast my time in doing this project
20%

Total votes: 10
Ky

Post by Ky »

thetarget wrote:I dont really understand what you are saying here. It may be a language gap here, so here is a tip: USE GRAPHICS, UMLs, Flow chart, storyboard, what ever nessasary to make your case.

Think thoroughly about what you want to achieve, put it into diagrams then show us. If you think what you do can make a difference, why wait for approval?
The closest example would be to describe his project as making an iPhone application, but with the functionality of Firefox’s script monkey. Basically he is making a new communications protocol for mobile devices. Correct me if I’m wrong Cobra.

Jason

Post by Jason »

I voted no, but you seem to have a little idea so maybe ...yes.

I would personally find it daunting, I mean, how and where would you begin? But you have seemed to thought it through so, good luck and keep us/me posted.
Murbza

Post by Murbza »

If you already hava mada a program/website, maybe this is a nice idea.
Otherwise, nope :p
I try to speak my best english :D
(I live in Belgium)
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

Ky wrote:The closest example would be to describe his project as making an iPhone application, but with the functionality of Firefox’s script monkey. Basically he is making a new communications protocol for mobile devices. Correct me if I’m wrong Cobra.
Yeah basically that what i mean. i just basically making a easier and hopefully faster protocol for mobile device.

jason and murbza @ yeah i have a basic example how the program will be but is still be a offline version for now and still in really big beta stage but when i have a working example to show i WILL post it here and at my website.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

hey,

I still don't really understand it ATM. I have a PSP too, once you have a prototype do count me in. :)
sobkisu

Post by sobkisu »

Nice idea and I voted yes... But http is not so bad..:)
Life is only one. so don't make it complex:)
Gebbo

Website

Post by Gebbo »

thecobra wrote:hi all,

today i am posting here because i have a plan to create a new type of web and web . We been having http for a real Long Time and i now want to create a new type of internet web browser and web server. this new web browser is meant to be use and ported to mobile gaming device and other device that support programing.

no i don't really need help in this to tell the true but i just wanted to ask your guys opinion about this project. when i finish with the project, i may release the source code to it for other developers to use and make there own .

please give me your opinion about it and what you would like in it if i start doing this project.

thank you :)
Thecobra

Sounds like a Cool idea actually, get working on it! thumbs up to that.
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

shaarang

Nic Idea!

Post by shaarang »

I think its a great idea. It can bring about a revolution in technology we currently use for web browsing especially in portable devices. If we can get faster, reliable and simpler web browsers in near future that will be great. Another great thing is that it is an open-source project. That will help you to spread it more widely. Then, you can think of commercial exploitation later, too.:D

Though I have a question. You are designing this for portable devices like mobiles, PSP etc. or also for PC's?
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

shaarang wrote:I think its a great idea. It can bring about a revolution in technology we currently use for web browsing especially in portable devices. If we can get faster, reliable and simpler web browsers in near future that will be great. Another great thing is that it is an open-source project. That will help you to spread it more widely. Then, you can think of commercial exploitation later, too.:D

Though I have a question. You are designing this for portable devices like mobiles, PSP etc. or also for PC's?
Thank you,

The software is going to be for portable device especially but i will also make a simple version for pc as well. I am planing to include the PSP version when i release GameLive for the psp(note: GameLive is kind of a Gamespy and Xbox live for psp "and hopefully for pc as well") the project GameLive is 10% complete so this may take a while but hopefully at the end it will be worth it for everyone(Mostly for me at least lol):D

cya guys later i guess :)

SO FAR DONE::cool:
*a prototype of the PTTP(Portable Text Terminal Protocol)"almost the same name as HTTP"
*a simple version of the server(can't read file but has a integrated web page already to sent to client)
*a simple version of the web browser(can load text and picture but the screen solution is still 480x272 for psp: planing to make it way bigger and let device to scroll the web page)
:D