SmokyHosts DNS?

Moderator: Lixas

sanma

SmokyHosts DNS?

Post by sanma »

Hello there!
I registered my domain somewhere else, so i changed the DNS to what i saw in the forum, but i don't know if it's correct:
NS1: ns1.smokyhosts.net
NS2: ns2.smokyhosts.net

But as it said .net, and the actual domain is .com, i'm not sure if that's right.

So, which ones are the DNS?

Thanks =)

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

The correct dns is with '.net' the site is on .com but the NameServers are on .net
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
sanma

Post by sanma »

In that case, if i put them corectly it's kinda weird that my site still doesn't redirect to the VPS site...
It's been more than just a few hours already.

There's no edit button!?

Anyway, also, any ideas why i might not be able to access my webmin CP?, i'm trying to access through the IP address, so it should work, but it doesn't :S

Thanks!
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Well,
If you set up a domain,
it might take upto 48 hours, maybe more or less depending
where you bought your domain from,
etc.
Wont be back till Sunday!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Most that I know of take 24 hours to activate your DNS servers. And up to a limit of 48 hours, try after its been 48 hours. And about the CP, PM SHAdmin about it. He should be able to tell you. After it HAS worked, you have to go into your control panel and add the domain as a "Parked Domain" or "Addon Domain"
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
sanma

Post by sanma »

I couldn't access due to the firewall apparently, and the domain problem has been almost fixed... i can't access if i put the www. before the domain, but with only: onimu.com i can access.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I hope these details are still correct because I've just used them. :p
OnscrenSpider

Post by OnscrenSpider »

At CPanel you have to put the domain name in "Parked Domains" (an addon domain is like a subdomain). At your domain manager you just have to put the two DNS urls and wait some time. usually they change dns records at 00 :00 gtm but they have 48h to do it so dont worry.

About the www. problems, verify your domain record because cpanel brings you http://www.domain.tld and domain.tld when you just put the name of your domain and the dns are working.

i hope it helps you.
-greetz-
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

when I visited onimu.com , I didn't see useful site , are you still facing the problem ??
I got my Power Package
My website is here
My Forum is here
:D:D:D:D
Jason

Post by Jason »

I was basically saying thanks above. I didn't intend on opening this topic up for everyone to answer. Sorry.

The guy has long left, I think, so I doubt he'll be needing help.