Do you use illegal materials in your site?

Moderator: Lixas

4ran

Do you use illegal materials in your site?

Post by 4ran »

Guys,
There are many people who build their websites by using illegal scripts ( unlicensed ) and they still gain money and keep developing. NOW the questions, are you one of these people and if yes/no WHY?

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

I will never install illegal/pirated copies of softares/scripts on my sites, coz sites are usually commercial, and if we can make money from it, then the author/developer has the full rights to get his share of credit by asking us to pay for his hard work.

All those who use illegal copies are all thieves, only different being there is still no 100% perfect way to catch these thieves.
DaEliminator

Post by DaEliminator »

I would use illegal/unlicensed stuff on my site but only if its like to test ill buy a license if i like it good enough the illegal copy of it would be like my demo.
4ran

Post by 4ran »

well ... you're right admin ... but maybe you don't have enough money or you're not enought sure about whether you really want that software/script and you want to try it ... it happens ...
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

4ran wrote:well ... you're right admin ... but maybe you don't have enough money or you're not enought sure about whether you really want that software/script and you want to try it ... it happens ...
Well, as far as i know, almost all the paid softwares/scripts have a trial period or a demo version and even at times a moneyback guarantee. All these features are meant for people who wish to try and satisfy themselves as to whether this is the actual software that they need or not.
aalmighty

Post by aalmighty »

very true. kill piracy! and besides, web scripts/software aren't so much pricy like stuff like photoshop that you can't buy em.
barnes

Post by barnes »

aalmighty wrote:very true. kill piracy! and besides, web scripts/software aren't so much pricy like stuff like photoshop that you can't buy em.
Piracy will never die, you just have to hope people have enough respect for you to purchase your software rather then pirate it.
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

i only use open source scripts :)
rockert

Post by rockert »

Let's see....almost none of the script developers i'm using accepts e-gold...they have bad support, poor default designs, not too mention they have spicyprices...i better use those money to advertise or to pay a designer for a custom skin! Besides that, you never now how the website will turn out and if it will make enough money to even cover your license fee. For eg vbulletin license sales, i see those very often! :)

If i were to ever buy a script ...lol...it has to accept e-gold and to not be listed on warez forums...hehe...at least i am honest :)
4ran

Post by 4ran »

Thanks alot all for sharing your opinion about it ..

I know it is wrong, but sometimes i really use things without knowing wheather they are free or paid or stld...