yes
50%
yes
No votes

Total votes: 2
philwill30

Switching Name Servers

Post by philwill30 »

I have just registerd at http://www.**** to sign up for their domain forwarding service. However, I signed up and then relized that i have to figure out how to change the name server from smokyhosts to **** in the seven day trial period. can anyone help me on how to change the name server?

here is what the **** said about my domain....
"The domain is not detected using our DNS servers. The URL Forwarding for the domain will not work until the domain points its Name Servers to our DNS servers."

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

I think there is some confusion in the understanding. Coz the dns services that they provide are if you want to convert your home pc to server having a stable ip and to be accessed from everywhere.

OR the url forwarding service is meant to hide the current url that you might be having in the address box.
philwill30

Post by philwill30 »

so basically, what your telling me is that i cant have the URL http://www.thepageoftruth.com at all? is there no way for me to register a URL like that?
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

You can surely have it like that but i dont think any such kind of service somebody can offer it free. If you want to pay for it, then it is more know as domain name registration than domain forwarding service.
Gyanu

Post by Gyanu »

SHAdmin wrote:You can surely have it like that but i dont think any such kind of service somebody can offer it free. If you want to pay for it, then it is more know as domain name registration than domain forwarding service.
yea they ask for money too...