AJAX

Moderator: Lixas

hossamkiwan

AJAX

Post by hossamkiwan »

Do u use Ajax?? whn will u use it??

I need an advice from an expert how to start!??

Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

wait what..im confused
vinter

Post by vinter »

hossamkiwan wrote:Do u use Ajax?? whn will u use it??

I need an advice from an expert how to start!??

With non-Ajax pages, if you need some fresh information from the server, you need to reload the full page. However, with Ajax, you don't need to reload the page. This is the major advantage of using Ajax over other technologies.

As an example, you can see google's auto-suggest feature in its search. (go to labs.google.com) to have a look. When you type a word in the google search box, it gives you a list of suggestions based on the words typed by other users all over the world. Obviously to do this, the page needs to communicate to the server, however, there is no page reload in this process.

Learning Ajax is simple too. There are numerous tutorials available on the net. A good one is at http://w3schools.com
hossamkiwan

Post by hossamkiwan »

thank u 4 ur reply it is very useful to me
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

Sorry bout my confues reply before i didnt know what ajax was untill i googled it. I thought you were refering to the clean product that im not even sure exists becasye i dont clean much lol im a noob i know lol
delivi

Post by delivi »

You can get a lot of pre built javascript libraries that you can use in ur website for integrating AJAX in ur site. The most popular ones are Ruby On Rails, Scriptous, Google Web ToolKit. Just do a Google search for the above and you'll learn more about them. They are also or free.
Felipee

Post by Felipee »

I didnt get it... what is ajax? how you get new information on the page if you dont refresh? **** a link isnt it? bah Im confused.
hossamkiwan

Post by hossamkiwan »

Thank u all 4 ur reply ""delivi """"

I like to know how it works too """"Felipee""""
delivi

Post by delivi »

Hi Felipee there is nothing to be confused.

In AJAX you stay in the same page througout the session unless you are navigating to an external link.

In AJAX only parts of the page where dynamic contents appear is refreshed, you dont feel the refreshing because the data is fetched from XML files and displayed.
chitresh

Post by chitresh »

thanks a lot vinter...
i have learned ajax from ur recomended site...