PR: Fake or Real?

Moderator: Lixas

roalf

PR: Fake or Real?

Post by roalf »

Pagerank fraud is becoming a serious problem. It is achieved when offending webistes use a 301 or 302 redirects that point their sites to sites with a high Pagerank.
So if someone is trying to sell you a site with a high pagerank. Check it first if it's valid. Don't get blinded by it's 10/10 PR! LOL! :biggrin2:

An example of a VALID page rank:
http://www.real.com

It's for REAL! :D

You can check the validity of a pagerank here.

Temple

Post by Temple »

What the hell is all this pagerank fuss about? I won't go by PAge Rank if a website is good. If it has millions of users coming by daily, then it's ought to be good lol.
roalf

Post by roalf »

LOL! That's the point! If you have many visitors, meaning your site is popular and that helps in making a website ranked high!
Temple

Post by Temple »

Well, if there are so many people coming to my site, I don't need some dumb PageRank to tell me my site is popular. :P
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Temple wrote:Well, if there are so many people coming to my site, I don't need some dumb PageRank to tell me my site is popular. :P
Lol, you have a great point there! I also agree that PageRank is a very stupid way of **** a page. I would rather see the raw stats since that shows everything and doesn't lie.
shuttleu

Post by shuttleu »

lol thx for the tool though
Hello world!!!
gamez93

Post by gamez93 »

Well I would check the page rank anyway, just to make sure that im not getting conned - however there is no real point in page ranks.
dragon9898

I agree

Post by dragon9898 »

gamez93 wrote:Well I would check the page rank anyway, just to make sure that im not getting conned - however there is no real point in page ranks.
I don't read the pagerank. I don't use the website for it's page rank. I use it for it's good service and if I have a bad experience if a site i just cancel my account. Thats my opionon anyway.
Gyanu

Post by Gyanu »

that's a cool thing
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Nice tool :) Problem is it doesnt recognize smokyhosts...
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti