eLibrary

Show off your ideas!! Here are our future scientists!!
Nicke

eLibrary

Post by Nicke »

I have one idea to make online library. For every book you can see for example 5% of it's pages... That mean if book got 100 pages you can read first 5 for free. And than you need to register and pay some money for monthly member ship. Or you can pay by SMS (mobile phone) for only one book if you are not member and dont want to be, you just need one book to read.
It's nice way to get money but I think it's hard to find a lot of books in .pdf or word...
What you think?

Gebbo

Books

Post by Gebbo »

Nicke wrote:I have one idea to make online library. For every book you can see for example 5% of it's pages... That mean if book got 100 pages you can read first 5 for free. And than you need to register and pay some money for monthly member ship. Or you can pay by SMS (mobile phone) for only one book if you are not member and dont want to be, you just need one book to read.
It's nice way to get money but I think it's hard to find a lot of books in .pdf or word...
What you think?
Sounds interesting although I think amazon or some book selling websites do the same thing, check out what they do and see if you still feel the same.
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

StampedePete

Re: eLibrary

Post by StampedePete »

As a side note, what do you prefer to use as a ebook viewer? I just got a kindle fire and it is pretty good. There are a ton of free ebooks to keep me busy for now.
What type of ebooks do you guys prefer best. Any good free ebook libraries like the gutenberg project, gutenberg.org
Xception

Post by Xception »

That is a good idea, and people would use it.
The local library in my area does this, many of the books they have (and many they don't have physical copies of) are now available by connecting to their wireless network and downloading them to your eReader or other device. Just like the library books, you have to "return" the book after a certain time. I haven't looked into how the system works, but I bet it could be replicated. I'm sure there are many areas where this isn't available at the public library, and even if it is, many people just don't go to libraries or would rather stay at home and go to a cool website somebody made to find what they want.
maine98

Post by maine98 »

This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find and it's all about book. Thank you for writing this information and Anybody who loves to read and is eager to do it can easily use this zlibrary.