The hover car!

Show off your ideas!! Here are our future scientists!!
ShakiShingi

The hover car!

Post by ShakiShingi »

Hover Cars!
[INDENT]Well, you are probably going to go ahead and call me insane. But i think I've devised a plan to create a Hover car. Despite what you think, it's rather simple. You merely need to think on the subject more. What makes things fly? Thrust. What makes things.. Levitate? Now you're probably thinking, is this guy for real? Well the answer is yes. To Levitate you need magnetism and Thrust. My idea is, if you were to have an electromagnetic car, that could increase and decrease its power of the force generated by the magnet. You could create instantaneous stopping by increasing the "pull" magnet. The car would feature a device which swaps the magnet with a negative one, which would repel the car, sending it up. But now is the question of moving? How do i turn, how do i go forward. Well, the magnets will be all arranged so that when you turn the steering wheel, the magnets are pushed up or down, which will i know, tilt your car. But when it's tilting the car, your car will move forwards, the cause, is none other than gravity. Now, your debate is, what about the roads? What about the metal chasis(Or however it is spelled)? Well the roads is quite simple, more simple than you'd think actually. You simply change the mixture in the road to contain a very powerful natural magnet, but if that leads to be a problem. You can simply install a very VERY powerful electromagnet underneath the road, which will pull your car. Parking will be great, as the cars will be forced down from the pull. Another debate will be, what about crossing the road, humans will obviously be carrying metal objects with them. Well i need your help. If you guys can come up with an idea that allows for non metal cars or at least, non magnetic cars (yes i believe there are non magnetic metals out there). And a way to concentrate that electromagnetic pull, only on a specific metal. I would love to hear it.[/INDENT]
Please share
Thanks,
Shaki

Gebbo

Hover Cars

Post by Gebbo »

ShakiShingi wrote:
Hover Cars!
[INDENT]Well, you are probably going to go ahead and call me insane. But i think I've devised a plan to create a Hover car. Despite what you think, it's rather simple. You merely need to think on the subject more. What makes things fly? Thrust. What makes things.. Levitate? Now you're probably thinking, is this guy for real? Well the answer is yes. To Levitate you need magnetism and Thrust. My idea is, if you were to have an electromagnetic car, that could increase and decrease its power of the force generated by the magnet. You could create instantaneous stopping by increasing the "pull" magnet. The car would feature a device which swaps the magnet with a negative one, which would repel the car, sending it up. But now is the question of moving? How do i turn, how do i go forward. Well, the magnets will be all arranged so that when you turn the steering wheel, the magnets are pushed up or down, which will i know, tilt your car. But when it's tilting the car, your car will move forwards, the cause, is none other than gravity. Now, your debate is, what about the roads? What about the metal chasis(Or however it is spelled)? Well the roads is quite simple, more simple than you'd think actually. You simply change the mixture in the road to contain a very powerful natural magnet, but if that leads to be a problem. You can simply install a very VERY powerful electromagnet underneath the road, which will pull your car. Parking will be great, as the cars will be forced down from the pull. Another debate will be, what about crossing the road, humans will obviously be carrying metal objects with them. Well i need your help. If you guys can come up with an idea that allows for non metal cars or at least, non magnetic cars (yes i believe there are non magnetic metals out there). And a way to concentrate that electromagnetic pull, only on a specific metal. I would love to hear it.[/INDENT]
Please share
Thanks,
Shaki
Nice idea, although the weakness in your idea is the electromagnetism which will cause a lot of problems as you have speculated. Try jet propulsion system hover cars =P Just like iron man used on his feet to fly (Y)
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

I am not in agreement with hover car. I feel that Flight is going to be more of a focus as the world continues to reach for the stars.
Gebbo

Hover cars

Post by Gebbo »

Freedom Fighter wrote:
I am not in agreement with hover car. I feel that Flight is going to be more of a focus as the world continues to reach for the stars.
Yeah and as flight becomes more advanced, eventually hover cars will be made. The only problem is the power requirement needed to sustain flight otherwise it would have been developed by now
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Freedom Fighter

O yeah guess so. hum. Sorry I'm not to well versed in physics but what about anti gravity
with air navigation.

seems like a perfectly renewable and no toxic waste way to go about it?
Gebbo

Hover Cars

Post by Gebbo »

Freedom Fighter wrote:
O yeah guess so. hum. Sorry I'm not to well versed in physics but what about anti gravity
with air navigation.

seems like a perfectly renewable and no toxic waste way to go about it?
hmm, Anti-gravity seems like a perfectly renewable and none toxic waste way to go about it but very difficicult to develop. Reason being that gravity only pulls objects down so even if you did get your car floating, itl 1. float forever randomly into the sky at random directions and 2. you will not have control over the car itself. So you will still need some kind of jet prepulsion system to change direction and actually move at a reasonable pase I think. 3. The car itself will have to be cloaked in a field that doesnt get effected by the earths gravity and have a height stabaliser.

Who knows, i dunno what im talking about, ill wait for the smart guys to come and correct me =P

What everyone needs is an ark reactor, something which can generate energy by itself, that would solve a lot of the worlds problems and introduce a lot of new technology. Hmm i dunno what do you think ?

Freedom Fighter

I dunno Basically Im trying to get at.

Creating a field around vehicle or object that either resists or doest attracted gravity.
as for navigation I think general air system like space shuttles to navigate.

Tho maby a frictionless environment would be needed im not sure.

Gebbo

Hover car

Post by Gebbo »

Freedom Fighter wrote:
I dunno Basically Im trying to get at.

Creating a field around vehicle or object that either resists or doest attracted gravity.
as for navigation I think general air system like space shuttles to navigate.

Tho maby a frictionless environment would be needed im not sure.

http://gizmodo.com/280546/moller-m200g- ... g-for-125k Check what out! Its pretty cool, looks like the Hover cars are close to reality more than you think. What do you think of that Fighter ?

0haris0

Post by 0haris0 »

I dont understand that :( :eek: