Colonies the pandas...On the MOON!

Show off your ideas!! Here are our future scientists!!
salmjak

Colonies the pandas...On the MOON!

Post by salmjak »

I've been having this crazy idea a long time .__.
I actually took the time to code a small website for it XD
Here is the text I wrote bac then explaining my idea:
"I belive that the pandas should be able to live a free life without hunters killing them and stuff.
That's why I thought about colonise them on the moon! To do this I need a few preperations thought. First we need some air (oxygen) inside the moons gravity field, so we send about 100^3 litres of air. (I believe that all things are effected by gravity, for example air and light)
When we got the oxygen ready we need water, so we transport 10 000 litres of water to the moon. Then we can start plant things and let small animals such as squirrels and rats live their under a test period.
When we realize that the animals are fine we start making small bambu fields and plant other necessary plants (during this period we remove the small animals to protect the small plants).
Finally it's time time for the pandas! We ship the pandas and some other vegetarian animals to keep the air "circle" going (animals breath out carbon dioxide which plants turn to oxygen, etc)

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

If your calculations are correct, you just worked out how to make the moon inhabitable. Sounds a great idea if it works.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
salmjak

Post by salmjak »

Yeah, the only problem is the weak gravity :/
Some air will probably wander out to space, if the natural air supply ain't fast enough it won't work :(
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Shipping air wont work. Earth's gravity will most likely suck most of them off the moon's atmosphere.

I'd say build a habitat like how we make green houses.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

thetarget wrote:Shipping air wont work. Earth's gravity will most likely suck most of them off the moon's atmosphere.

I'd say build a habitat like how we make green houses.

Or if we had the resources (and technology) we could make the moon into a domed moon, although that may be a long time before anything like that could happen.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
salmjak

Post by salmjak »

Tails5 wrote:Or if we had the resources (and technology) we could make the moon into a domed moon, although that may be a long time before anything like that could happen.
Yeah, I thought of something like that also, if we did the doom with metal it could work (having pipes holding it up in the beginning), would be really risky for the engineers thought :/
ViSiT: http://salmjak.deviantart.com/

Credits to Surreal for sig.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

How about we use EVA robots?
salmjak

Post by salmjak »

Be realistic man, there is no such thing as an "EVA" robot >_> (and there will probably never be)

Gebbo

Moon

Post by Gebbo »

salmjak wrote:I've been having this crazy idea a long time .__.
I actually took the time to code a small website for it XD
Here is the text I wrote bac then explaining my idea:
"I belive that the pandas should be able to live a free life without hunters killing them and stuff.
That's why I thought about colonise them on the moon! To do this I need a few preperations thought. First we need some air (oxygen) inside the moons gravity field, so we send about 100^3 litres of air. (I believe that all things are effected by gravity, for example air and light)
When we got the oxygen ready we need water, so we transport 10 000 litres of water to the moon. Then we can start plant things and let small animals such as squirrels and rats live their under a test period.
When we realize that the animals are fine we start making small bambu fields and plant other necessary plants (during this period we remove the small animals to protect the small plants).
Finally it's time time for the pandas! We ship the pandas and some other vegetarian animals to keep the air "circle" going (animals breath out carbon dioxide which plants turn to oxygen, etc)

Pfff thats a crazy and impossible idea my friend,

salmjak i leave you alone for a second and your inventing stuffs =D. Anyways first off all that will never be done sorry to say. 10k litres of water to the moon ? no one is going to find enough to get that much not to mention the space shuttle. Unless you suddenly get rich in the next 40 years hahahaha.

Nice idea tho keep em comming man!
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

salmjak

Post by salmjak »

10k litres isn't that much :rolleyes:

Shipping it will take a long time, yes .__.

"Unless you suddenly get rich in the next 40 years.", when people know it will be for hunted animals, money will be no problem xP