AUTO Phone Books

Show off your ideas!! Here are our future scientists!!
Tcoo

AUTO Phone Books

Post by Tcoo »

We all no or should atleast no that find numbers in the phone books is hard, but now i have a great idea. I think we all get new ones at the beginning of the year if your in the US, but anyway they should add a voice recognition chip that lets you ask the number and it will automaticly look it up and tell you the number.

This might not happen for a while so lets all prey.

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Untill real accurate voice recognition technology is being developed, i think this would be another entry in the "application to be used with voice recognition" list
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

You can always call Directory Assistance, I don't know about US, but in Australia, it's absolutely free.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Well,
Instead you hold this PDA like thing,
that connect to the internet (must be neat a hotspot)
then you connect to the server, and type the name of the
person. Then it tells you there number! (No need for voice recognition!)
Wont be back till Sunday!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Tried http://www.whitepages.com/ on the PDA's browser?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I admit sometimes trying to find phone numbers can be time consuming but with the internet it's not really much of a hassle to find any number you want. The only problem with a country wide Auto-Book is you have a ton of people/companies with the same name so this voice activation would be spitting names and addresses and phone numbers until you heard what you was intending. Then you would say "Yes" and it would dial out but could still be longer than flipping through the pages finding a number in under 30 seconds.

No offense but the world is getting lazier and the little things in life should be manual. If you automate everything then there really is no point in living, humans will eventually grow out of their bodies and become some blob of blubber laying on the ground with telepathic abilities to activate everything they need. That is just my opinion but something like a phone book isn't that difficult... I'd hate to see what this world will turn into after I am gone.. Children will be even more lazy than they are today *sigh*

Once again no offense, that is just my point of view.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:I admit sometimes trying to find phone numbers can be time consuming but with the internet it's not really much of a hassle to find any number you want. The only problem with a country wide Auto-Book is you have a ton of people/companies with the same name so this voice activation would be spitting names and addresses and phone numbers until you heard what you was intending. Then you would say "Yes" and it would dial out but could still be longer than flipping through the pages finding a number in under 30 seconds.

No offense but the world is getting lazier and the little things in life should be manual. If you automate everything then there really is no point in living, humans will eventually grow out of their bodies and become some blob of blubber laying on the ground with telepathic abilities to activate everything they need. That is just my opinion but something like a phone book isn't that difficult... I'd hate to see what this world will turn into after I am gone.. Children will be even more lazy than they are today *sigh*

Once again no offense, that is just my point of view.
i agreed about the time **** but it may happend in the futer and maybe it look for the name in surthen area like NY,D.R and ect

it may chop up the time of searching for it
Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

I think finding a phone number isn't problem any more(actually finding anything) but it will be easier and easier in the future
sobkisu

Post by sobkisu »

agrees with alwahsh . And its for usa pplz.z.