Directory List & Tips

Tips, Tricks, How-To and complete support for Search Engine Optimisation

Moderator: Lixas

anish

Directory List & Tips

Post by anish »

I gathered a list of free general directories when I submitted E.S.Photography to them about a week ago. These are the lists of the succsesful ones, the ones that didn't load for some reason and those that require cash or a reciprical link even though advertised as free:

Successful (994)

comma separated at homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.baldock/tips/doneurls1.txt
html list at homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.baldock/tips/doneurls2.txt]html list

Didn't Load (164)

comma separated at homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.baldock/tips/noloadurls1.txt
html list homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.baldock/tips/noloadurls2.txt]html list

Require Cash/Reciprical/not general (382)

comma seperated homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.baldock/tips/deletedurls1.txt
html list homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.baldock/tips/deletedurls2.txt

Tips

A couple of things really helped me speed things up. First is a freeware programme at phraseexpress.com/download.htm that can store text and paste it when you press a key combination. Combined that with a images.belkin.com/F8GFPC100/FUL1_F8GFPC100.jpg with can assign macros to its keys and you get a single keypress to paste the URL, Description, etc, instantly. You can actually take this another step. Since a lot of the directories follow the same format you can set up a sort of macro of macros. What I mean is you set a key on the Nostromo to paste the URL, then press tab, then paste the description, then tab, and so on so that it fills the entire form virtually instantly.

A lot of the directories need descriptions between 100 and 200 characters, some need more then 15, so ideally make a description between 150 and 200 characters.

Finally just make sure that the submission is written in such a way that the directories can't find a reason to remove it (e.g. remove things like "great site"), the last thing you want is to submit to 1000 directories only to have 300 reject you.

One last thing, I spent a number of days submitting to all these, at the end of that I was on the verge of having a nasty case of repetative strain injury. Next time I think I'll spread the submitting over a longer time period.

sobkisu

Post by sobkisu »

Thank you for your list and tips. But please do more clear plz :(
Life is only one. so don't make it complex:)
ArunNayak

Post by ArunNayak »

directory submission and bookmarking submission have the important role in seo..they helps to get the backlinks..so collecting the directory list before going to the seo is most important...
alexbrown044

Post by alexbrown044 »

When your pages indexed by google then it calls indexing and when your website have operation like bookmarking, forums, articles and directory submissions then it calls optimization.

Post by ArunNayak »

thanx for ur posting..I like ur posting..but please more clear about ur information.then it is more understable..

Reseller Hosting
Reseller Hosting India
miketyson

Post by miketyson »

Thank you sharing nice information . I will definitely help others too.
Williamundib

-

Post by Williamundib »

Hello.... Great post...Directory Submission is a technique of SEO, refers to the process of adding backlinks your website to a web directory. This is a basic step to create backlinks for Search Engine Optimization. Backlinks is the most important key factor in SEO. Here is a New list of high PR directory submission sites, enjoy it and build backlinks for your site from high PR directory sites.... Thanks