Do you use a Custom Theme on your System?

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
Jason

Post by Jason »

Do you not like the default theme, maybe even got bored of the default theme or just simply wanted to change it and have actually changed it, but changed it to what?

I personally started with using the silver theme of Windows XP--mainly because that is what Packard Bell defaulted to, then I went to blue, then the olive and then I went to Royale and now I am with Zune.
The reason for change: I get bored easily. :p I actually changed from Royale though for another reason. I changed because I noticed two bugs/glitches:
  1. Window menus up at the top left change to white (as a background) when hovering over them.
  2. Buttons like bookmark buttons in Firefox use to go a little dodgy I recall.
I really wish there were more free themes like Zune, provided by Microsoft. I don't want to use third party applications (and that's where all the good themes lie). :rolleyes:

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I used to do all sorts of apperance stuff.. windowsblind, rocketdocks etc.. until some bugger released a ultra-buggy vista transformer theme that screwed much of my icons/fonts/wallpapers/start menu and stuff.

Oh yeah, i played with boot screens too, haha, was spiderman untill i reformatted.
Jason

Post by Jason »

thetarget wrote:[...]until some bugger released a ultra-buggy vista transformer theme that screwed much of my icons/fonts/wallpapers/start menu and stuff.
:lol: Yeah I know that feeling. I most probably downloaded and used the same one--can't remember the name. :confused: But yeah, it totally screwed my computer.
s4nji

Post by s4nji »

I changed my theme frequently :P
First ones i use is Vista Inspirat now using Zune, it's simple but cool :D
panakj

Post by panakj »

there are many converstion softwares these days, from xp to vista, i like those, are amazing and fun to use them.
GeForce

Re: Do you use a Custom Theme on your System?

Post by GeForce »

no i like basic theme of windows 7
RobertOa

Do you use a Custom Theme on your System

Post by RobertOa »

LOL

What file are you trying to take ownership of and where is it located on your computer?