Windows 7 is Coming

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
y04chs067

Post by y04chs067 »

Tails5 wrote:The only reason Mac has less problems is because most people use Windows so less viruses are made to target Mac
That's not completely true. Another reason is because the UNIX foundation of Mac OS X makes it almost impossible for a virus downloaded by a user to infect the system files. This is because system files can only be changed by the root user, and most of the Mac users don't use the root account. (For those that do, it is only to make an occasional change to the filesystem, and the root account is usually disabled after use)

And to me, Vista is nothing but eye candy that eats both your system RAM and graphics RAM

csoftdev

Post by csoftdev »

do you mean windows mobile 7 or pc form of windows? i don't thinkt hey will release another pc form of windows so soon
darko

Post by darko »

why are we talking about windows 7 that wont come out till 2010, microsoft already has to operating system updates scheduled for 2008, XP sp3 is due to come out in the first half of 2008 and Vista SP1 in the other half. i think microsoft has the stupidest marketing team, scheduling releases in a way that limit sales on some of the products, they need to do something about it.
Darko
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It's not limiting sales. Vista has sold millions upon millions of copies.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
darko

Post by darko »

well actually, vista has a very low salings rate, it sold about 40 million copies till now, witch isnt much when you compare it to XP and other OS release, and remember that microsoft spend about 500 million dollars on marketing for vista
Darko
rudrawadi

Post by rudrawadi »

i Dont think of new windows i am good with My XP
Gio

Post by Gio »

:O a new version lol xD i hope its coming fast
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I think its more than 40 million copies, but also you have to remember, that each copy is about AU$200-400 dollars depending on edition, which means even if only 40million copies were sold it would produce AU$8,000,000,000 - $16,000,000,000, which is a heck of alot more than 500 million
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

among the windows family of OS ... i love XP proffesional even though VISTA is released.... Truly speaking Vista suckss
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
Tcoo

Post by Tcoo »

whats windows 7? sounds like something that might come out after vista.