Windows 7 is Coming

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
delivi

Post by delivi »

you are right SHAdmin, the stable release of Vista is more faster than the Beta Version.

I did the Beta Testing of Windows Vista and found sevral bugs and all those were removed and the performance and features were increased in the Vista Stable Release.

The present Service Pack 1 and forcoming updates will make Vista more secure and stable.

Stam

Post by Stam »

Sounds idiotic to bring out a new windows so shortly but sure for all we know this could take 6+ years which would be a normal release date.
sa3idy

Post by sa3idy »

But iam satisfy with the vista
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

To give you an idea on how long till the release: Microsoft was already working on Vista BEFORE XP was released.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
blueray

Post by blueray »

Well, as most experts said that microsoft product have an interesting things that every initial version of it products was not even stable yet. That's the truth.

As you see with Windows 2000 was the initial version of it re-write it's kernel. Athrough it is strong enough. But it still not too very stable, faster and complete operation system until Windows XP, and even Windows XP SP1 was released.

After it, Windows XP SP2 was mostly the market driven that securiy be the very importance topic as this is what microsoft's answer.

So, as the first version of Windows Vista. I did not recommented any users upgraded to it immediately and wait for SP1 even SP2, but still required test and use it with the IT manager or professional. As it still will be the main stream Operation System at some day.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Windows Vista is really quite stable. It's already had many updates and security patches. SP1's most major change in Vista is the ability to integrate 3rd party searches and use them from the start menu, also the 'search' button along the right side of the start menu is gone in Vista's first Service Pack.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I am using Vista on a laptop (not my choice but eh..) and it seems to be doing quite well. It is quite secure well the basic version anyway and we haven't had many unstable issues. I have had the blue screen of death once but a quick restart seems to have fixed the problem.

Vista has many great qualities but you have to have a complete system which is compatable with Vista because it isn't so great for backwards compatability. Once your computer is stable itself then Vista is a great addition to it, but I wouldn't attempt to run Vista with anything less than a dual-core processor or a single core which is atleast 3 gigs strong. Also the memory required should at minimum be 1 gig due to it's size and the amount of bonus background programs which run to keep it smooth.

Vista doesn't just come with a great computer system but also brings DirectX10 which with the right graphics card will bring your games to a whole new level. As long as your computer can handle Vista you shouldn't have any real problems with it. But with any OS you are going to have problems. If you want a problem free system go with a MAC because there are a lot less people attempting to mess with it.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

The only reason Mac has less problems is because most people use Windows so less viruses are made to target Mac
dudeirock

Post by dudeirock »

i hear vista really sucks, and im not suprised they have a new one on the way already.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Vista does not suck at all, you try using Vista Home Premium, or Vista Ultimate, check out all the features, then say if you think it sucks. I've used it, it's amazing